Hitchin Town are pleased to announce a new initiative for supporters via a link up with global providers of digital matchday programmes MatchDayInfo. But, fear not all you traditionalists, this will not mean the end of the printed programme, which we still intend to sell on match days.
MatchDayInfo will provide a platform enabling us to sell the publication digitally for the first-time via a tailored smartphone app.
For the first time Supporters, both home and away, who are unable to get to Top Field will be able to download the programme from the comfort of their own home or whilst on the move. Even our worldwide following who have foregone these shores, will be able to share news from Top Field that you will never find on the internet. Words of wisdom and insanity in equal measure from Pipeman, Pete Else, GOTP and other contributors have all combined to create a publication voted second in the Southern League Premier Central last season. It may not be the biggest or the best, but it is certainly different!
The club’s match programmes will be uploaded to the MatchDayInfo app the evening before each home fixture kicks-off, ready to be purchased at the normal match day programme price and downloaded to the supporter’s Android or iPhone device.
Chairman Terry Barratt, speaking on the new initiative said:
“We’re thrilled to offer our fans the chance to purchase programmes digitally as we look to improve accessibility of our match day programme next season.
“Our programme will be easily accessible on a variety of electronic devices and that will assist those supporters’ whose eyes are not what they used to be able to zoom in on the content.
Managing Director of MatchDayInfo Will Biggs said:
“Really pleased to be working with Hitchin Town FC ahead of the 2020/21 season. If you are unable to make it to the fixture or prefer to read the match day programme on your smartphone/tablet, then MatchDayInfo is the answer, we can bring the match day experience to you.”
Just to see how it will all work, for the moment you can download at no charge two programmes from our archive which have never previously been available to public gaze. One was a drafted in anticipation of a home play-off game a few years back and the other our final scheduled game v Leiston last season.
For a step-by-step guide on how you can download the example programmes, along with future home programmes via the app moving forward, please click the following links to download the app, which is free to download, before seeing the below:
- Firstly, for iPhone/iPad and Android users, please go to your respective app stores.
- Search ‘MatchDayInfo’ or ‘Match Day Info’ – either search should see the app appear. Alternatively, you can click the links below to download the app on either Apple or Android:
- Once the App has been downloaded, fans have the opportunity to set up an account and sign up via Email, Facebook or Twitter. (You can also opt to be push-notified when your favourite team(s) uploads new content onto MatchdayInfo).
- Once logged in, the user will land on the Home Page, which will show the featured event of that day (which will be the Hitchin Town FC programme)
- Clicking on the featured picture will take you to the event programme – where fans have the opportunity to purchase the programme quickly and simply. (The programme will naturally take a few seconds to download, depending on the speed of your internet connection at the time of downloading).
- The programme will then appear in front of the user. If they wish to exit, they can find their programme in the ‘Downloads’ section, where they can archive their favourite programmes and read whenever they wish.
Accessing the APP not only provides an opportunity to download our matchday programme but provides a direct link to our website, match ticket, replica kit and other merchandising screens.
In the unlikely event of any problems please contact email@example.com – I will try to find out and come back to you.
BY MICK DOCKING