We are now about to auction the blue goalkeeper’s shirt that Michael Johnson wore in celebration of the life of Gordon Banks, England’s World Cup winning goalkeeper, against Barwell, on 16th February 2019.
This is a one-off shirt worn on just this one occasion. It has the Hitchin Town logo and inscription: “In memory of Gordon Banks – 1937-2019” printed on it. It is unique and as such, we are looking to raise as much money as we can from the sale of it. The profits raised from the sale of this shirt will be donated to “ManKind Initiative” – a Charity chosen by “MJ” and his family, which supports men who have suffered domestic abuse.
We will be running this auction via email, with regular notifications online.
The rules of the auction will be as follows:
- Auction will start on Saturday March 2nd 2019 at 19:00 hours and end at 21:00 (9pm) on Friday March 14th 2019. At this time, the highest bidder for the shirt will be declared the winner.
How to bid:
Bidding on the shirt can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name and an email address/mobile telephone number for contact.
- The starting bid on the shirt will be £50.
- You will be advised within 24 hours at the very latest whether your bid is the current highest bid, or if not, what the current highest bid is. Bids must be at least £5 higher than the previous “high bid” to become the new highest bidder.
- A “status report” will be kept up to date on our website and our Facebook and Twitter pages with the current highest bid. Bidders will not be personally made aware if they have been ‘outbid’. So, if bidding, we recommend you keep an eye out for updates on any of our Social Media platforms.
- We will publish the winner on our website on Saturday 16th March.
- The decision of the Club in the event of any dispute is final.
Here’s to happy bidding and raising as much money as we possibly can for MJ’s Charity, ManKind Initiative.
Bidding updates – last updated on 3rd March @ 09:44
- The bid currently stands at £250.