Hitchin Town FC takes the privacy of our services users very seriously.
We may ask you to provide information to us or collect data from you on different occasions, including at a number of points on the website, such as if you:
- (i) e-mail enquiries, contributions or your views to us;
- (ii) enter competitions;
- (iii) register to receive or download information, newsletters or other documentation; or:
- (iv) purchase goods or services from us (via the Kaizen Marketing website).
The information that you are asked to provide will vary depending on the reason for the collection. In some instances, for example, if you purchase goods or services from us, the provision of certain information will be mandatory
We may also collect, process and use information about you and your use of the website (which may not personally identify you), including any forums you visit and how you arrived at our website. Such information may be collected through “traffic data” and may entail the use of “cookies” or other tracking technologies, “IP Addresses” or other numeric codes used to identify your computer.
Collection of information by third parties
When you use our website, other companies also collect certain information on you using anonymous identifiers, cookies and the other tracking technologies mentioned above. In this regard, we use Google Analytics to better understand how our customers navigate to and through our Site, how long customers spend visiting our content items and how often they return to visit our Site. Google Analytics also helps us to:
- track the effectiveness of the money we spend on our digital marketing campaigns through Google Display Network Impression Reporting;
- track the age range, gender, affinity categories (this includes lifestyle identifiers such as being a sports fans), in-market segments (such as product purchase interests) and other related categories through Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting; and
- reach people who have visited the Site through remarketing with Google Analytics. This may include Google and other third party vendors showing advertisements on sites across the Internet.
You can delete cookies or configure your computer to reject them, although this may disable the Site’s ability to manage individual sessions.
Please note that if you choose to participate in any discussion forum on the Site you may disclose personal information about yourself to other participants. If you do so this is at your own risk.
How Hitchin Town FC uses your information
We will use your personal information:
- (i) to respond to your enquiry;
- (ii) to acknowledge any contribution that you may make;
- (iii) to administer any relevant competition;
- (iv) to send information to you;
- (v) to fulfil any contract that we may enter into with you;
- (vi) for research purposes;
- (vii) to send marketing information to you in accordance with the provisions set out below; or
- (viii) for other reasonable purposes for which you have provided such information.
If you become a customer of ours by purchasing goods or services from us we may send you further information that is related to your purchase, by post or e-mail, or contact you by telephone.
In addition, our subsidiary companies and selected third parties may like to send you marketing information, by post, e-mail. We will only allow them to do this if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such information (either when you submit your details to us or at a later stage).
If you do not wish to receive any of the above information or be contacted by us in accordance with the above, please update your preferences online (where this facility is available) or alternatively write to the Club Administrator at the address below.
We will share your information with our affiliates and third party service providers if this is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes above. Such third party service providers are not entitled to use your information for their own purposes. We may also share your information with third parties for marketing purposes (in accordance with the paragraph entitled “How Hitchin Town FC uses the information” above) if you have indicated that you are happy to receive such information. Some of these third parties may be located outside of the United Kingdom, including in countries where data protection laws might not exist or be of a lower standard than the EU.
We may also share your information with government, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies when we consider the disclosure to be fair, reasonable and legal.
Protection of information
We are committed to protecting your privacy and we implement various security measures in relation to our processing and transfer of personal data. However, the nature of the Internet is such that the data may in some circumstances flow over networks without full security measures and could be accessible to unauthorised persons.
Your right to access the information
You have the right to access the information that Hitchin Town FC holds about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to do this please make a written application to the Data Protection Officer, at the address provided at the end of this notice. Hitchin Town FC may require you to provide verification of your identity to provide a copy of the information that it holds. Please note that in certain circumstances Hitchin Town FC may withhold access to your information where it has the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
Updating your information
In the event that there is a change to your personal information for example your contact details, please let us know of this by updating your details online (where this facility is available) or writing to the Club Administrator, at the address provided below, so that we can keep your information up to date and accurate.