Thank you + Football v Homophobia website

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Katie Wilson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you + Football v Homophobia website

Post by Katie Wilson »

Here is the link to the football v homophobia website, if you would like to see how what is being down to tackle the issues of homophobia and transphobia in football and the things that you can do to help.

If you would like to be part of a committe, or know anyone who would like to be involved in Hitchin Town LGBTQ+supporters club please contact me
Katie

https://www.footballvhomophobia.com/

This is a really interesting link, where people from the LGBTQ+ community, talk about coming out in football.

I've been to hundreds of games over the years, Chelmsford City, Ipswich, Notts County and Arsenal.

But until recently never as a trans woman. As you might understand it was a huge step for me- even in this day and age.

But I had a really good experience, and was buzzing afterwards and I am looking forward to a home (win) on April 13th.
So a big thank you, to everyone at the club.

I have also started up a Hitchin Town LGBTQ+ supporters club, with the intention of encouraging people to come along, and showing them that football is for everyone.

I also plan to contact the opposing clubs, to see if they have an LGBTQ+ supporters club, with the aim of meeting up for a drink before the game.

I wrote an article about my positive experience at Top Field, and sent it several organisations and had a reply from " Kick it out", who are going to share it on their social media platforms, website and other media outlets.

I never ever thought that I would go to football as Katie, it's something that I used to dream about

I've even bought a scarf, so I suppose there's no going back now.

Thank you
Attachments
M logo (2)_1711618201575.jpg
Last edited by Katie Wilson on Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Thank you

Post by Brian »

Hi Katie

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Top Field.

Let's hope you get to see a win on your next visit, we desperately need one.
Katie Wilson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Katie Wilson »

Thank you very much, I am coming on the 13th.
Last edited by Katie Wilson on Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

Hi Katie, really pleased to read about your experiences at the last game - it'll be even more enjoyable when we start winning again. It must have been a huge step for you but the Club can feel proud that you feel you were able to make the step. Glad you bought a scarf....next step one of our Rainbow Canary badges???? Well done and hopefully you'll now feel good about being a regular....you certainly have the football history!!!
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Hi Katie, a pleasure to meet someone with an unbeaten record, not many Hitchin fans can say this in recent times!
SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SimonP »

Glad you enjoyed it Katie
Katie Wilson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Katie Wilson »

Perhaps I should stop now, while I'm on a good run :big_grin:
Katie Wilson
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Thank you + Football v Homophobia website

Post by Katie Wilson »

I'm on another football forum, I shared some of my football memories on that. I got an insulting message on that, just shows how much that there is still to do.

They have now been banned.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic