Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust - We Need You!

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin Town Supporters' Trust - We Need You!

Post by RST »

For those who just check in on the Forum from time to time without going via the website front page, don't miss out on the latest Trust article:

https://hitchintownfc.club/the-supporte ... -years-on/

It would be great to have some new members and to be able to offer Mark a larger weekly contribution to the playing budget :thumbsup:

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

The Supporters Trust has now committed to its weekly contribution towards the playing budget for the 2019/20 season, but it's not too late to sign up as all new donations go into the reserves which Mark may be able to call upon later in the season if new players become available but for whom he needs a little extra funding.

The success of the Trust relies on bringing in new members to replace those who are no longer able to contribute, or sadly in some cases those who are no longer with us, so please think about whether you could be one of the new recruits who can help keep the Trust going strong as we enter our 15th year :thumbsup:

Please let me know if you would like to step up and join in, either by a private message through this Forum or by email to: rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

If you haven't seen the front page of the website today, or a recent matchday programme, here's the latest Trust advert - brought to life thanks to Stew Curtis's computer wizardry!

https://hitchintownfc.club/join-the-trust/

It's never a bad time to join the Trust, so if you'd like to chip in a few pennies or pounds we'd be delighted to hear from you :clap:

Drop me a line at: rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club for more info or to make a pledge :thumbsup:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

It's that time again when the Supporters' Trust appeals for new members. As those newspaper sellers might say, read all abaat it:

https://hitchintownfc.club/hitchin-town ... ers-trust/

As always, contributions big or small are all most welcome.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Just giving this thread a nudge.

Do please drop me a line if you would like to make a contribution to the Trust. We'd love to have you join us and help Mark field the best team he possibly can for HTFC :thumbsup:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Hi Jackie,

As you will be fully aware as a former Secretary, the Trust does not make public details of membership or contributions made to the club.

Having consulted the Trust’s records I can however say that you have considerably overstated the number of Trust members at the time of your resignation and can also confirm the Trust has more members now, than then.

This is however a good opportunity to remind all supporters that we are always delighted to welcome new members to the Trust as per our pre-season advert which also contains links to the Supporters’ Trust page on the website:

https://hitchintownfc.club/hitchin-town ... ers-trust/
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Another small nudge to this important topic. I'm not a member of the trust currently, due to circumstances (I'm very mean!) but RST's words, at least, should be heeded.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

anthony.brown wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:58 am Another small nudge to this important topic. I'm not a member of the trust currently, due to circumstances (I'm very mean!) but RST's words, at least, should be heeded.
I agree. Certain thing's should not be disclosed for other peoples scrutiny.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 9:32 pm Hi RST.

I wanted to take some time to consider my reply before coming back to you on some of the points you have raised in response to mine.

Firstly, you are absolutely correct that the Trust does not make public details of membership or contributions to the club. No one is suggesting otherwise.

I don’t think I “considerably” overstated the number of Trust members in 2016, but possibly slightly. But that’s good news that the Trust membership has increased, which leads me onto my next point.

As other supporters have frequently made the point on this Forum, this club has a very healthy Supporters Trust. So in light of the fact that we have an increased Trust membership over the past 6 years, which in turn would suggest that there is greater scope within the playing budget, it makes no financial sense whatsoever that according to one supporter on this Forum that the manager is rumoured to be under spending by 20% of the current playing budget this season.

Underspending by 20%, at a time when we need to use every financial resource at our disposal to prevent the club from relegation. Where is the logic there? Can this rumour be confirmed either way?

Without breaking confidentiality on the playing budget, but given the fact that there has been a revolving door syndrome all season with players from a lower level of the pyramid (in general) being brought into the first team, I think we need less of the cloak and dagger mentality but greater transparency and an honest dialogue with supporters in our fight for survival.
Hi Jackie,

I can re-confirm that you considerably overstated the number of Trust members in 2016, so let's leave that one there.

I don't think the rest of your points require a response from a Trust point of view, but we have a representative of the committee on the club management committee and he has raised no issue with the way the club is spending this season's playing budget.

From a personal point of view I can totally appreciate that the club does not wish to comment on financial rumours. Why give even the slightest clue to rival clubs as to any aspect of our playing budget. I am happy to be proved wrong, but can't imagine it is easy to find anything in the public domain giving details of the playing budget of any clubs in our division.

Thank you for the nudge of this topic Anthony. You may be frightfully mean in financial terms to the Trust (at the moment), but you have been very generous in your time to pursuing so many details of the club history so I'll let you off :mrgreen:

I will take this opportunity again to say that new members to the Trust would be very welcome. We have been very grateful to see so many new faces at Top Field recently and it would be great to have some new Trust members. Perhaps some of you reading this know some of those new faces, so please do see if they know about the Trust and see if you can encourage them to chip in.

Always happy to answer any queries from possible new members at: rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club

:thumbsup:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Hi Everyone,

With another season completed it doesn't take long for the focus to be on the next one, which as far as the league goes, starts 11 weeks on Saturday! The Supporters' Trust will continue to provide additional funding to the club's own playing budget next season and as always would be grateful to hear from anyone who would like to sign up and make a contribution.

Those of you who have heard Freddie Cardy's excellent post-season interview with Mark Burke will have heard Mark thanking the Trust for the additional budget he receives to assemble the best squad he can so if you would like to chip in I would be delighted to hear from you. You can contact me via a private message on this forum, or email me at: rupert.russell@hitchintownfc.club

I look forward to my inbox being bombarded with messages from new recruits :thumbsup:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic