Herts Charity Cup

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

MarkC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Herts Charity Cup

Post by MarkC » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 pm

Any chance of VAR changing the date?

Roblio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Roblio » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:13 am

MarkC wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 pm
As a Spurs and HTFC fan, frustrating date given the clash with the CL SF first leg. In line with the approach taken by a former and now thankfully banned contributor, I’m sending my apologies.
eh. ?

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:37 am

MarkC wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:09 pm
As a Spurs and HTFC fan, frustrating date given the clash with the CL SF first leg. In line with the approach taken by a former and now thankfully banned contributor, I’m sending my apologies.
I do not wish for any debate on the subject, but to set the record straight, so far as the Forum goes, the aforementioned contributor was not banned, she asked to be removed permanently from it. Her wishes were complied with.
End of matter.
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:50 am

Has Jackie not asked to come back onto the forum and has been refused/banned by the club? That was my understanding.
People might not agree with everything she says and some may find her postings confrontational, but at least she is prepared to challenge the status quo and she does not hide behind anonymous names on the forum. The club was quite happy for this type of stance when the save top field campaign was in full flow! Banning someone is a dangerous thing, freedom of speech and all that - something which is rapidly becoming unwelcome in this age of Brexit, Corbyn etc etc.

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:46 am

As I learned at a very early stage Neil... there are things that people say, and there are things that people don't say.....

You can only base your opinion on what you have been told,not what you haven't been told.

So far as this particular matter goes, the Club will manage it as it thinks most appropriate, ultimately making the decisions that it believes are in the Club's and its supporters' best interests.

All I will say is that I am 100% for total inclusion. But I am 100% against behaviour where it is perceived that the intent is to hijack any debate with the objective of seeking personal attention rather than the subject at hand. It drives people away. And it only has to be a perception.

So like every other supporter, inclusion needs to demonstrate acceptance of the Club's Code of Conduct, and be on the Club's terms, not those of an individual trying to dictate terms of their inclusion (which you didn't know is what happened here), and there has to be an ability and/or willingness to display appropriate behaviour at all times in respect of any Code of Conduct.

I trust that explains the situation. I could have chosen to ignore, but that's a behaviour change that I'm trying to encourage.

Would really prefer that another thread is not hijacked. In this thread we are trying to celebrate the fact that despite a challenging season in the League, we have had a great FA Cup run and still have a Cup Final to look forward to. Unfortunately in this case it was only fair that I picked up on a wrongly assumed situation and put the record straight.

It deviated from there....
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

harry.wright
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by harry.wright » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:30 am

I'm very surprised that the Herts FA have decided the match should be played at Top Field. Surely a neutral venue could have been found? St. Albans; Boreham Wood are two that spring to mind, given their strange reluctance to use the County Ground. BTW, I'm not complaining, given our current form we need all the help we can get!

Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:41 pm

Clubs at our level and above cannot play at the County ground as it doesn’t have the correct ground grading!
It’s got a new 3G pitch now and I for one wouldn’t to watch a game played on it, it’s not a natural game imo.
I was told a coin was tossed between Hemel and us for the right to stage the game which obviously we won, at least there should be a few more people attending as they probably wouldn’t had it been played at a neutral venue.
Let’s hope the Herts FA see sense and move it to the Monday to avoid the Champions League games!
FYI Borehamwood has a Desso pitch (all the Premier League has to have them) maintained by Arsenal (as the Arsenal Ladies play there) and I couldn’t see them allowing the Herts FA to use it.

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:33 pm

The County Ground is hosting the Anagram Records Trophy Final - the competition for teams across the Herts, Essex, Kent & Middlesex Leagues (so steps 7 and 8, I think). It's on the first Saturday in May.

That is a 3pm kick off however so is it the pitch or is it the floodlights that are the issue (or both)?

Still not sure why Herts can't play at least the Senior Cup Final at a league ground (even if it is only Stevenage). The Middlesex Senior Cup Final was played at Griffin Park earlier this week - won by the Brentford B team - and I see the Derbyshire final is at Pride Park!

Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:18 pm

Stevenage don’t let their ground out any more!
Ground grading doesn’t include the pitch, the most important item imo) but includes everything else, floodlights (they have new ones but I don’t know the lux rating, and nowhere near as tall as the old ones, number of turnstiles, changing rooms etc ets.

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Cat Daisy wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:33 pm
The County Ground is hosting the Anagram Records Trophy Final - the competition for teams across the Herts, Essex, Kent & Middlesex Leagues (so steps 7 and 8, I think). It's on the first Saturday in May.
Just belatedly read that the Anagram Final has been postponed / cancelled anyway!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic