Herts Charity Cup

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Herts Charity Cup

Post by RST » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Shouldn't that be "dent poops / cell dance""?

:mrgreen:

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:00 pm

Playing a Herts cup final, senior or charity at a league ground would be great for the players but awful for supporters imo. I went to Vicarage Road when we player Watford in an earlier round in the 80's. Only one section of the ground was open to supporters. Even with 500 turning up, & there wasn't that many, there's no atmosphere. It would be like watching a pub band at the O2. Some of the best finals have been at neutral grounds such as St Albans, Hemel etc. I agree with Steve that the charity cup wouldn't attract enough supporters at a neutral ground.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Good luck to our team tonight. Hopefully we'll get a good sized crowd through the turnstiles, perhaps a couple of hundred?

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:19 pm

Let's hope the Hemel team tonight are as disinterested as their Twitter team - no mention of the game since April 23rd!

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:00 am

KEITH wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:00 pm
Playing a Herts cup final, senior or charity at a league ground would be great for the players but awful for supporters imo. I went to Vicarage Road when we player Watford in an earlier round in the 80's. Only one section of the ground was open to supporters. Even with 500 turning up, & there wasn't that many, there's no atmosphere. It would be like watching a pub band at the O2. Some of the best finals have been at neutral grounds such as St Albans, Hemel etc. I agree with Steve that the charity cup wouldn't attract enough supporters at a neutral ground.
Staffordshire Country cup played tonight at Stoke City's ground. 500-600 crowd.

I can agree with the comments but must be nice for the players to play in a big ground.

Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:50 am

600 hundred in a ground that probably holds 40k or more would be a ghost stadium, no atmosphere, too far from the pitch and all hemmed into one enclosure as most of the ground would be closed off, no thanks!

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:40 pm

Well, Hemel did turn up this year and played a fairly strong side but congratulations to the Canaries on beating them anyway!

Great penalty save by Parker to redeem his rush of blood in giving it away just after our first goal. After that, a mixture of dogged defending and wayward efforts from Hemel kept the narrow lead until Bird tested the keeper for Belgrove to settle matters.

A good team effort - with no subs coming on - and I wouldn't dispute Pipeman's choice of Belgrove as MOTM. However I was impressed by Kazeem. Perhaps we can get Lench dual registered again next season too?!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic