2019-20 leagues

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

2019-20 leagues

Post by russell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:53 pm

As more northern teams seemed to get relegated than south is it safe to say we will be basking among the many delights of the midlands again next season?

ClubComms

Re: 2019-20 leagues

Post by ClubComms » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Fairly. But that's my personal viewpoint, not based on any information I know.
If you don't challenge the status quo, you don't change for tomorrow.......

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 pm

I would've thought so ... and then it is about who also ends up in this league to replace the 4 or 5 clubs going elsewhere.

My guess is we'll be joined by Nuneaton (relegated from Nat League North) and Peterborough Sports (winners of Southern Div 1 Central), and the play-off winner of that division (Bromsgrove, Corby, Bedford or Sutton Colfield).

Then depends if the play-off winner in our division wins the "super play off" (against the NPL play off winner). If they do, then two more teams need to make up the numbers next season.

Chesham or Langley or Stortford coming back? Potters Bar? Grantham? Less likely to move an Essex club out of the Isthmian.

On a similar point, with loads of southern and western clubs arriving from Steps 1 and 3 in the National League South, the boundary there will change. Please please please can Billericay be one of the teams consigned to the National League North!

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:38 pm

The latest predictions from the Non-League Matters website (scroll right to find our division):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

This will obviously change as the playoffs progress.

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:15 pm

This is interesting.. it has Welwyn and Bishops Stortford both being transferred

CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:53 am

Cat Daisy wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:17 pm
Then depends if the play-off winner in our division wins the "super play off" (against the NPL play off winner). If they do, then two more teams need to make up the numbers next season.
This will be really interesting! Surely it’ll be South Shields vs Kings Lynn. If so, that’ll be a decent crowd. Did South Shields look good on Saturday DaisyCat. Hopefully see you there tonight?

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:47 pm

Are there any rules on how the clubs are divided geographically at our level? For many years I could not understand the divisions. My impression is that it is simply gerrymandering by certain powerful and influential individuals and clubs. Can anyone provide a link detailing how this process works?

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:05 pm

South Shields did a thorough job on Saturday without looking unbeatable. If results had gone their way, they could've gone up with their 4th consecutive automatic promotion. So they are certainly on a roll!

If the final is between them and Kings Lynn, then the Linnets will be playing away as South Shields had a better PPG in the regular season. I'll bet that game is segregated! (Even if 3rd place Warrington win the NPL play-off, they would be at home due to a better PPG than Kings Lynn.)

All this is thankfully a one-off situation and next season we go back to two teams from each Step 3 division going up. So perhaps Burkey is saving the promotion push for next term?

Canadian - I'll bet there is no written plan! It is pretty much down to geography (but also travel logistics) but also politics - was it Evesham who got caught up in an allocation row before this season? Travel logistics is why at Step 2 probably Oxford & Gloucester will move from National League South to North next season despite Braintree being slightly further north of Oxford.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic