Hitchin Town Ltd

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin Town Ltd

Post by Greenfinch » Sun May 05, 2019 10:49 am

Without disrespect to the writer or the fantastic volunteers that help run this club, is that all we have got to look forward to is an FA Cup run every 23 years, surely to gain promotion has got to be the ultimate goal.Unfortunately, that's all you're going to get,unless there is a drastic change, and there won't be under current circumstances,pick out of that what you want.Nevertheless, I am happy, with promotion comes segregation, more travel, costs etc.So there you have it, this is our limitations, to maintain Southern League status and an FA Cup run, lets hope it not another 23 years.

Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin Town Ltd

Post by Steve » Sun May 05, 2019 1:16 pm

For your information Pete, if you had done your research you will know that there’s no segregation until National League level, NOT required in National League South or North

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy » Sun May 05, 2019 1:38 pm

At step 2 it usually only happens if you encounter a "big" ex-league side (or a side that think they are big - Woking). Mostly no segregation, beer allowed, etc...
And unless Truro are in your league, virtually the same mileage as this "middle earth" league.

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell » Mon May 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Re segregation if you are a Tamworth steward you can make up the rules as you go along.

I don't actually mind segregation to be honest as long as you are able to buy a beer at half time (unlike at Hereford). In hindsight i think the Leamington final should have been segregated as it would have saved some home fan morons screaming abuse in my wife's ear. Horses for courses i guess..

KEITH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by KEITH » Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm

That wouldn't have been a problem at Leamington Russell had the stewards done their job & moved the drunken little pillocks out of the stand for unnecessary aggressive behaviour instead of telling us not to provoke them but when you get showered in beer it's hard not to say anything.

Stewards at this level all seem to have the same problem. Ignore the home fans however badly behaved they are & shepherd the away fans to another part of the ground.
Pessimists are never disappointed.

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW » Mon May 06, 2019 5:20 pm

KEITH wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:11 pm
That wouldn't have been a problem at Leamington Russell had the stewards done their job & moved the drunken little pillocks out of the stand for unnecessary aggressive behaviour instead of telling us not to provoke them but when you get showered in beer it's hard not to say anything.

Stewards at this level all seem to have the same problem. Ignore the home fans however badly behaved they are & shepherd the away fans to another part of the ground.
Also made a case for segregation there Keith. The problem at Leamington was little crowd movement between each end caused both crowds to be together.

Yes there was a cretin element to some of the Leamington support but fact you was allowed to go to that end in the first place caused the problem.

Majority of us inc myself remained at the far end during the match with no issue at all. I agree with Russell if they had made the far end away supporters only you wouldn't have had the problem you mentioned. No reason why they couldn't have either as they stuck a bar up the far end food and toilets wouldn't have been to hard.

Even that wouldn't have been a complete fix after they lobbed a rock at one of the coaches as it was leaving.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic