Alternative Report Hitchin Town 3 St Ives 2

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Alternative Report Hitchin Town 3 St Ives 2

Post by Greenfinch »

Hitchin played pretty well in the first half, and should have taken a 3-0 lead just before half time, it would come back and haunt them, as we were a completely different team in the second half.Hey, have a penalty on us,a great save by Charlie thwarted that, oh, why don't we dribble out of defence and pass the ball to their centre forward to score. We then score a brilliantly worked free kick,cruising now to victory, "No please, he hasn't" ("He has") now we are on the ropes(for those not attending an own goal)From then on their fast tricky left winger created chaos,along with my increased heart rate, as somehow we hung on for the three points.My only conclusion, is that we played five in midfield, we wanted to get the win,nine points from four games, its a good platform in a tough league,so perhaps that was the idea,and apart from the giveaway goals, it worked, just.

SimonP
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alternative Report Hitchin Town 3 St Ives 2

Post by SimonP »

I was marveling at the long throw-in their diminutive number 3 employed and one google search later found that he had once done the same at Stamford Bridge , and that he has an interesting paternal lineage. I am easily distracted. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Herd
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic