Southern League Premier Central East

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubComms

Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

I was very bored yesterday, I wondered what might happen if football was kinder to the environment and regional leagues started at League One with fewer teams.

Assuming there were four regionalised National League divisions above us, we’d be split into 8 regions; based on 2019-20 positions these might be our opponents.

Would you favour this or prefer to continue visiting the Midlands?

Aylesbury United
Barton Rovers
Bedford Town
Berkhamstead
Biggleswade
Biggleswade Town
Bishops Stortford
Bury Town
Cheshunt
Hitchin Town
Kings Langley
Leiston
Lowestoft Town
Needham Market
Potters Bar Town
Royston Town
St Ives Town
Waltham Abbey
Ware
Welwyn Garden City

ClubComms

Re: Southern League Premier Central East

Post by ClubComms »

You kidding me? :nono: :banghead3: :banghead3:
Plan for the worst, hope for the best......but always plan for the worst

Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

ClubComms wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:57 pm
You kidding me? :nono: :banghead3: :banghead3:
:lol:

The Government are missing their own environmental targets and I don't think it helpful that football has five national leagues.

And if I want to waste my time it's up to me, at least I got a reply. :happy2:

andycc

Post by andycc »

Sky Blue Canary wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 12:05 am
I was very bored yesterday, I wondered what might happen if football was kinder to the environment and regional leagues started at League One with fewer teams.

Assuming there were four regionalised National League divisions above us, we’d be split into 8 regions; based on 2019-20 positions these might be our opponents.

Would you favour this or prefer to continue visiting the Midlands?

Aylesbury United
Barton Rovers
Bedford Town
Berkhamstead
Biggleswade
Biggleswade Town
Bishops Stortford
Bury Town
Cheshunt
Hitchin Town
Kings Langley
Leiston
Lowestoft Town
Needham Market
Potters Bar Town
Royston Town
St Ives Town
Waltham Abbey
Ware
Welwyn Garden City

That's not such a bad idea, there has been talk about having 2 Central leagues at step 3 for the 21/22 season, a Central West league and a Central East league for step 3, which would mean shorter distances (all) more balanced out,

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

I would eschew the rustic delights of Bury Town, Leiston, Lowestoft, Needham Market and St Ives due to excessive travelling, and instead add the likes of Chesham United, Enfield Town, Haringey Borough, Harrow Borough, Hayes and Yeading, Hendon, Metropolitan Police and Walton Casuals. With such good local transport links from Hitchin into Isthmian territory, perhaps the FA should rationalise the Isthmian and Southern Leagues, moving teams to best reduce travelling distances?

ClubComms

Post by ClubComms »

Sky Blue Canary wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:44 am
And if I want to waste my time it's up to me, at least I got a reply. :happy2:
Sadly it's likely to become more localised....I don't like local derbies, never the same supporter experience as a decent day out.
anthony.brown wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:57 pm
I would eschew the rustic delights of Bury Town, Leiston, Lowestoft, Needham Market and St Ives due to excessive travelling, and instead add the likes of Chesham United, Enfield Town, Haringey Borough, Harrow Borough, Hayes and Yeading, Hendon, Metropolitan Police and Walton Casuals. With such good local transport links from Hitchin into Isthmian territory, perhaps the FA should rationalise the Isthmian and Southern Leagues, moving teams to best reduce travelling distances?
The local public transport links might be good, but social distancing disciplines will make them more restrictive.
Plan for the worst, hope for the best......but always plan for the worst

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve.max »

The Football governing body perhaps should be looking at something along the lines of the above revised league thereby helping clubs by keeping travelling cost down.

Only Needham Market, Lowestoft, Leiston and Bury could be classed as non local games. Therefore Hitchin could save money on its annual coach bill by insisting players drive to local games. Any little saving helps.

As most of the games are within an hours drive we may even get more away supporters. :happy2: :happy2:

anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

For those of us who don't drive (car sharing is not possible due to social distancing) careful use of public transport would be the only way to get to away matches. However, in these unusual times someone might suggest trying Luton FC's infamous away fans ban (1985/6?). I wouldn't, of course! Electronic gates operated by touch-free technology leading to separated pens with seats 2 metres apart.................... The mind boggles at what could happen; but we all hope for some new kind of normal to come soon!

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

ClubComms won't be truly happy until we are placed in the Highland League and get to play away at Inverurie Loco Works and Buckie Thistle on consecutive Tuesday evenings in January.

:mrgreen:

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

RST wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 6:39 pm
ClubComms won't be truly happy until we are placed in the Highland League and get to play away at Inverurie Loco Works and Buckie Thistle on consecutive Tuesday evenings in January.

:mrgreen:
:lol:

But seriously, bring localisation on - one way to save football from itself!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic