Prediction League Game 2020-21

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Prediction League Game 2020-21

Post by Stuart »

Greenfinch wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:02 pm With the Prediction League looking highly likely never to be completed,and most participants are loyal Hitchin fans, can I make a suggestion that we donate the entry fee money towards the building of the new Fishponds Road Stand.Just a thought that's all.
:thumbsup: Good idea Peter, I would be more than happy (donate it to the crowdfund kitty?)

ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

As you say Jackie, we'll have more clarity hopefully not too long after next week once Boris has set out his road map (whatever direction that takes!).

Should the decision to declare the 2020-21 season completely null and void be taken, then a Pools Panel seems like a good idea. However it somehow needs to be able to strike a fair balance - a couple of folks maybe with a really good knowledge of local football (and Hitchin), but with no emotional or other attachment to the club. Pools panels are normally "independent".

Wonder if we might ask Mark to suggest a couple of people who might help with this? He would have the contacts. Just a thought.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:42 am Someone who is independent of the club but has a really good knowledge of local football. A certain Spanish football journalist and pundit who also happens to live in Hitchin springs to mind.
:thumbsup:
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

At the end of the day it will be down to Steve and Roger to decide the best way forward.

I would be happy to donate my £10 towards a Fishponds Road End Roof Fund or transfer everyone's entry fee to next season.
I'm not so keen on a pools panel idea.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

I'm with Brian in not being keen on the pools panel idea. Very happy for my entry fee to go towards club funds and to start afresh next season.

Happiest of all for Steve and Roger to do whatever they think best :thumbsup:
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

I'll go along with whatever Steve and Roger decide. The game has been so well organised from Day 1, and so entertaining. :big_grin:
steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by steve.max »

Hi Folks

Let me first say that I hope you and your families are all keeping safe and well.

As you will no doubt know, the 2020-21 season has been cancelled and therefore the Prediction League for this season will also be cancelled. Half the money received from Prediction League entries this year has already been passed to the club - the prize money portion remains with the Executive Club.

On order to keep things simple, my intention is that this year`s prize money be carried over to next year`s prediction game. The whole of the £10 entry fee for 2021-22 season will go to the club, but be split 50/50 between the Ground Improvement Fund and General Expenses, instead of the whole amount going towards General Expenses as in previous years.
Andy Denniss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Andy Denniss »

Hi steve. Yes happy with that. Here's to next year. Cheers Andy
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

:thumbsup:
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

Very happy with that Steve, 👍, looking forward to next seasons prediction game and seeing everyone again as soon as we are able to all get together for a game at Top Field come the new season .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic