Heaven Sent

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Heaven Sent

Post by Greenfinch »

How lovely, that the new Vicar of St Marks Church Nick Smith, showed his fondness for our club by embracing the Hitchin Town scarf around his Shoulders,wearing his full regalia.There is an excellent report in last weeks Comet,and I thought it would be appropriate to let you all know if you didn't see it.
Rev Nick, lived in Bearton area and attended Strathmore , Wilshere Dacre and Priory Schools, and watched Hitchin whilst growing up,and now returned, and looking forward to revisiting, perhaps it would be nice if he had an official invitation from the Club the flock may follow and spirits raised.
Well done Nick,for bringing a modern theme to the Church, which as a Community Football Club, can only enhance a better world for all, God willing.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Heaven Sent

Post by RST »

There is quite a flock of us from St Mark's who already attend at Top Field (varying from me at most games right through to those who may only come once or twice a season). Pleased to report that Nick requested Saturday as his day off so he can get to as many home games as possible (watched the Leiston game with him, but he delayed too long and didn't make the Royston one as it was sold out!).

Some will also remember Nick's brother Ricky who used to help out around the ground when he was younger.

For those who don't get The Comet, this is the article:

https://www.thecomet.net/news/comet-int ... -1-6919550
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Thanks for publishing Rupe - I don't get the Comet as I , like a few others, am one of the "Bedfordshire Canaries".

I remember Nick - I sold him that scarf! His brother Ricky (now known as Rick) used to help a lot at one time, and he still attends games from time to time. Their dad Mick used to be a regular attendee at Matches as well.

Thanks also Pete for the background on Nick. Taking on board your suggestion, will keep you all posted.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Welcome, Nick. Had you been around in the early days of the first Hitchin FC, you would probably have been invited to play in the team! Thomas Hughes, the brother of the club president in 1869, George Hughes, was a great believer in the 'Muscular Christianity' movement. Exercise overcoming the sins of youth.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic