Hitchin Town v Peterborough Sports (Interview with Grant Biddle Chairman of Sports) FA Trophy

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ClubAdmin

Re: Hitchin Town v Peterborough Sports (Interview with Grant Biddle Chairman of Sports) FA Trophy

Post by ClubAdmin »

Well it ran fine for me.....nice interview!

One of those games today. We didn't play badly at all, but our opponents were too strong and showed why they must be one of the title favourites. They would hold their own at Step 2 I'm sure.

"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin Town v Peterborough Sports (Interview with Grant Biddle Chairman of Sports) FA Trophy

Post by Brian Parker »

Very disappointing after Tuesday. Not much difference in midfield but men against boys in attack. Two astonishing strikes to put Sports 2-0 up whereas whenever we got close we just never looked like finishing anything off. We can't be looking forward to playing them twice more this season.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

If you look at the stats most likely we had more shots on goal and greater possession I think. If we had just got that goal in the first half (deserved goal I will add) I think the game and scoreline could have been much different.

Peterborough on the break though different class and ultimately that decided this game.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Peterborough Sports beat Basford 3-2 today having been behind a good part of the game.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic