FURTHER SUSPENSION OF THE LEAGUE SEASON

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: FURTHER SUSPENSION OF THE LEAGUE SEASON

Post by DarrenW »

russell wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:53 am They would be better off just trying to finish 2019-20 at this point and forgetting about 20-21
Depends on how you project this to last Russell. Way I see it if we started up again in July it also eliminates any problem with seasons overunning or the following season starting late.

I would think by July things should be much more under control with the vaccine being rolled out.

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

It looks like the season is being cancelled but if we come out of lockdown in say March thats still 5 months until 2021-22 would start so surely clubs will want to do something in that time? Maybe some one off tournaments or mini leagues or something could be sorted out?

@jackie I don't see why the league needs to be restructured if we are back to normal by the summer?
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

russell wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:33 pm @jackie I don't see why the league needs to be restructured if we are back to normal by the summer?
Russell: Leagues wanted to do everything they could to avoid no promotion/relegation again, hence the proposals to come up with something that might still enable this.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

I hope we're in the East then I want to go back to the Stanford Arms
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic