Restart date

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Restart date

Post by DarrenW »

Strong rumor on social media that end of March non elite sport will be permitted to return. (I say that lightly pending what Boris has to say)

See no issue in having a month long tournament to raise a few funds for clubs.

What are others in favor of?

Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Restart date

Post by Cat Daisy »

I read it as either 29 March or 12 April at the earliest but its not clear yet. By that point, I assume the Step 3-6 seasons will be null and void so friendly mini-tournaments may well be the way forward.
But there will still be many people who have not had one or both vaccinations so let's be realistic. Also, some revenue streams like drink sales will not come back until later than that.
Alongside that, what will be done to encourage back those who would like to return to watching football but are not quite as gung ho about returning to "pre pandemic normal" and ignoring masking, etc as seems to be the mood in some quarters? Maybe something for Sascha to consider?
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

My proposal:

1 - Restart in August
2 - mothball clubs until the summer
3- Suspend wages from step 3 downwards for 2021-22
4- Issue bonds/shares in clubs to raise capital
5- Reduce travel costs and pollution by reorganising leagues into smaller, more regional divisions
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Won't argue with 4 & 5 - voting shares and bonds, I take it?
1 & 2 - depends on whether clubs can survive til August in mothballs or whether something like friendlies needed to cover fixed costs. But it depends when fans and clubhouses can open. August gives contingency in case any delays in road map.
3 - so a return to amateur football? Interesting but possibly inevitable. Reduced prices for fans? Mechanism for preventing shamateurism?
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

Null and void this season as what’s the point starting it in August/ September as we have only played 7 League games!
Players on contracts will need renewing etc.
Just start again with a full season, cups etc.
That’s my opinion for what it’s worth.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Breaking news.

The FA’s Alliance and Leagues Committees have reached a consensus that subject to the approval of FA Council, the 2020-21 league season for Steps 3-6 of the NLS should be curtailed with immediate effect, with no further league matches taking place this season.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

Correct decision IMO, bring on some friendlies next month or local cup competition I say!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Steve wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:09 pm Correct decision IMO, bring on some friendlies next month or local cup competition I say!
Fully agree with the idea Steve. No matter how much the club has lost there are lots of smaller clubs in the area who must be struggling. Obviously this need's people's support.

Personal belief is support local and no better time to do just that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic