The Day A Wren Turned Into A Canary Part Part Two

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Day A Wren Turned Into A Canary Part Part Two

Post by Greenfinch »

As we entered The Boardroom door ( That's me and my Canary) Peter Hills (thank you Neil) The Chairman Of Hereford Shook my hand, and with his other hand raised his small toupee at the front of his head,that my friends was the start of an hilarious, nail biting and exciting afternoon,let alone the tenacity, determination, fighting spirit and sweat our Hitchin Team was about to deliver.Two fantastic strikes by Shaun Marshall silenced the Hereford crowd. All of a sudden it was half-time,and we made our way to the Board room, met by a complimentary Peter Hills, I can't recall all the banter,but if he said something I didn't like I would spin the Canary round,and it would end up facing the other way,which really wound him up in the nicest possible way, whilst raising his toupee.
The second half began, with the instructions, "Don't concede an early goal" you all know what happened during the match, but this story is all about the final destination of my Canary. At full time the officials met in the Boardroom, at the end of a long session of eating drinking and talking,there was four of us left, me the Canary Peter Hills and Tony Huckle. A message came through,that the coach was about to leave, Peter Hills said to me " Can I keep the Canary," Asking why? He Said," I have had such a fantastic day with Hitchin Town,I would like to put it in a cage and fix it to the Boardroom wall in memory of our day," I unhooked it and gave it to him,and with another raising of the toupee we left.I understand when Stevenage played them 3 or 4 years ago an official assured me it was still there.Jackie I bought the Wren from a Garden Centre.