Away to Cambridge City,....."Now Run"

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Away to Cambridge City,....."Now Run"

Post by Greenfinch »

Can't remember much about the match,except it was a sunny Saturday afternoon a league match and we lost 2-0.I had decided previously to park my car in Baldock Railway Station,partly to view the Cambridgeshire countryside on the train and take a leisurely walk to the ground before exploring the city centre.But what follows is an amusing story of what happened as I walked back to the train station.
I noticed a young girl about twelve years on the other side of the road, trying to reach a door knocker to a house.As dusk was approaching, I was concerned for her safety,so I went over to see if I could help,and offered to knock the door for her, but she declined,but asked if I could lift her up instead.Which I did by putting my hands round her waist,with that she suddenly knocked the door twice very loudly, turned round to me and shouted "Now run". With the girl vanishing I waited for a disgruntled home owner to open the door with me explaining my actions.He was quite alright about it and told me it was the local kids playing 'Knock Down Ginger'. they drive him nuts, and they do it all the time.With that I went on my way, but at least it eased the pain of the defeat a little.

Andy Denniss
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Away to Cambridge City,....."Now Run"

Post by Andy Denniss »

Ok pete so who lifted you up 😀
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Away to Cambridge City,....."Now Run"

Post by Greenfinch »

That made me smile Andy, Luckily there was a 2" door step,I was still 4" short but managed to stretch at full length.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic