Pipeman's report v Redditch

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

harry.wright
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pipeman's report v Redditch

Post by harry.wright »

I just want to say thanks to Pipeman for not just a comprehensive report, but also the speed in which he posted it.

Based purely on his match report we created our fair share of chances, but failed to convert them. Have we got a "fox in the box?" someone capable of converting half chances. I also hope that Mark & Co. can stop us giving away silly free kicks in the final third, otherwise we're looking at shipping a good few unnecessary goals. Still Redditch are no mugs and it was only the first game of the season. 8-)

ClubAdmin

Re: Pipeman's report v Redditch

Post by ClubAdmin »

Yes we do need to be much more careful about conceding free kicks on the edge of the area , particularly when we know the opposition has a useful dead ball kicker. Ironically, the one that was awarded for the goal was for me, the one that wasn't a free kick. Ben Walster didn't touch him.

Pipeman starts compiling his report on his phone straight after the game, system is such now that he's got it all sorted by the time we get home rather than him have to spend hours when he gets home writing. We really are very lucky that he's on board with us.

Our performance was promising, and our build up play should reap more rewards. But we need to have more in the box. Callum is working really hard, and I mean really hard, gives his all and more, but playing up front on his own means that our build up play maybe needs to result in getting more bodies in the box when we break. But I know nothing about tactics!
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic