They’re still the same old dirty Barwell.

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: They’re still the same old dirty Barwell.

Post by pudgy »

Agreed, excellent result. It's some time since I've been to Topfield, does anyone have a pic of the new stand JM refers to?

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

These are the new Fishponds end stands, just before they were completely finished (front barriers nearly done) Pudgy.
IMG_20210802_132726.jpg
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Anyone know whether we keep winning the toss and choose to kick towards the new stands first half, or whether the opposition win it and choose the opposite?

When I were a lad, I'm sure we seemed to kick towards the Fishponds end in the second half more often than not. With the new stands, it should generate more noise at that end, so should be a benefit getting towards the end of matches to give the team that extra support.

Anyone else have a preference as to which way we kick in each half? Maybe the payers aren't fussed.

:scratchchin:
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

Well Rupe, I too remember we favoured kicking ‘down the slope’ towards the Fishponds Rd end (never noticed a slope as the pitch runs down each way from the half way line!)
I would be interested to know how many goals are scored at either end in a season, perhaps the guys that do the stats could record that fact for comparison?
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

I think we actually choose to kick towards the Fishponds Road end first half.

We always used to prefer to kick towards the Fishponds Road second half. Particularly at night games.

I have no idea why we changed this
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic