Who needs a 'number 10' ?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Who needs a 'number 10' ?

Post by RST »

Sadly these two departures were pretty much beyond Hitchin's control. One, a young man setting up a business that in the long term will hopefully secure his future, meaning his part-time football has to take a lower priority, so he is happy to drop down the pyramid so he can still enjoy both work and play. The other, a young man who was clearly looking to progress his football career so decided not to sign a contract with HTFC so he could have more control over his future (apparently with the help of an agent!).

For Callum, a great opportunity to go to a club as a full time professional (at least I believe that to be the case) and although they are at a similar level to HTFC at the moment, as Alan points out, they are top of the league and with an average attendance of 1,900. Even had HTFC won all their 8 games so far, I've little doubt he wouldn't have turned down such a great opportunity.

What I hope Callum's move will do for the rest of the Hitchin players is to show them that if, like Callum, you give your all, every game, week in, week out, if you have the talent, you will be be noticed and you could be the next one to get an opportunity to move up the pyramid. Wouldn't mind betting with all his energy Callum was probably still running round the dressing room at half time!

Good luck Alex and Callum :thumbsup:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic