Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by russell »

Thanks Rupert that's good to know.. and just as well as I'm not sure I could cope with that sort of play off

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Some of the comments on here are just hypothetical trash, who cares about statistics,its past we move on,Mark has bought in new players, and I'm sure others are in the pipeline,just let him get on with the job.It's December, we are not fighting relegation, we are in a relegation place, and two wins we are in the mix of other clubs in a similar situation. Relegation battles are usually around April/May so to all you pessimists, so called 'Managers,' expert advisers, blind loyalists, (which comment is an insult to our fans) to ones that can't come due to the stress of relegation, and others that will surely be offended by my comments,you're not helping the situation.
This is the time when real fans support Mark and the team, and most of the 400+ fans do that.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

I see Stratford have just appointed Tim Flowers as their new manager, not so long ago he came to top field as Manager of Solihull Moors in that FA Cup
tie, how things change !
Piltdown
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Piltdown »

Where has Jackie said she will not go due to being stressful?? What she has said is, she will not attend to see us relegated ,
after 19 games we are bottom I fail to see how that does not put us in relegation battle, your comment on 2 wins will put us in the mix is also hypothetical , you are basing this on those teams around us not winning their games.
In truth most of your comments are actually hypothetical trash , if you are insulted at being called a blind loyalist then should we be equally insulted by being called pessimists, so called managers and expert advisors ??,because we have a different view to you, we are not helping the situation? Why ? Do you think the manager gives a monkey's what we think!
I would like nothing more than to be wrong as would many others ,currently I do not see this happening
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

RST wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:35 am
russell wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:27 am Does 19th place automatically go down? I saw one table where there is another line between 19th and 20th suggesting a play off
There will be seven clubs reprieved from relegation at our Step 3 (four divisons) Russell. It'll be decided on Points Per Game, so staying bottom definitely won't help our cause!

By my reckoning there are currently only 5 teams at Step 3 with a worse PPG than us, so we still have work to do to survive by that escape route!

Click on the image below to see the whole Tweet:

Hi Rupe! I've actually interpreted this slightly differently.

I was under the impression that the bottom two in each step three division will go down regardless of their PPG.

Then of the teams in 20th position in the Southern League South, Northern League Premier and the Isthmian Premier, plus the side placed 19th in our division (one less team in our division), the club with the worst PPG would join the 8 already relegated.
(I've re-read this sentence about five times and am still not sure I've structured this sentence in a legible way). :lol:

I could have got that all wrong though.

On the subject of relegation - think it's fair to all agree that additional, experienced reinforcements are probably required to bolster the squad, because the results aren't coming and we aren't currently missing any critical players to injury.
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Steve wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:55 pm I see Stratford have just appointed Tim Flowers as their new manager, not so long ago he came to top field as Manager of Solihull Moors in that FA Cup
tie, how things change !
The Chair at Stratford is Jed McCrory who was at Solihull. And I guess they have some FA Cup money left over to splash around?

A serial club owner at Banbury, Swindon, the Worcester Raiders rugby vanity project, rumoured to have tried to get in at Yeovil, and - if you go back to 2014 - involved with Tommy Agombar as Hereford United went down the pan. He's already made his mark at Stratford by changing their nickname!

Is that the sort of person we'd like in charge of the club?

Maybe that is as much of a question as who we want in the dugout. (Although as Neil noted a while ago, Mark is as wrapped up in the web of companies surrounding HTFC and the Arena as Andy Melvin is.)
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

CanaryHatter wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:34 pm Hi Rupe! I've actually interpreted this slightly differently.

I was under the impression that the bottom two in each step three division will go down regardless of their PPG.

Then of the teams in 20th position in the Southern League South, Northern League Premier and the Isthmian Premier, plus the side placed 19th in our division (one less team in our division), the club with the worst PPG would join the 8 already relegated.
(I've re-read this sentence about five times and am still not sure I've structured this sentence in a legible way). :lol:

I could have got that all wrong though.
You could well be right Stew - and it would make sense.

Either way, best to finish no worse than 18th just to make sure.
Spooks
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Spooks »

Jackie you write a load of rubbish.
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

You might not agree with Jackie, Spooks, but have the courage to show your face rather than via a cowardly pseudonym. Easy to sling stones behind a fence, eh?
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Jackie actually makes some interesting points, whether you agree with them or not.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic