Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by pudgy »

Jackie makes some reasonable points. We're bottom of the table, and the current squad seem unable to change this. Signing new players at this stage of the season might be difficult, and who would be keen to join a team that's bottom of the league. We might be more successful in improving the squad by approaching local senior sides like Luton, Stevenage etc. and securing some decent loan players. That would still be expensive of course, but whether we do that or sign new players, wallets will need to opened.

Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

Sky Blue Canary wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:57 am We've lost 13 points from winning positions but we've saved no points from losing positions this season.
This is an important statistic; if we go behind we always loose!

We're definitely going down if this doesn't change soon.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Hello Spooks, you must have hit a nerve, as it's ever so quiet on here, and so what if you want to remain anonymous,that's the rule of this forum, if you don't like it don't use it.Anyway Spooky Spooks,because of your name I had a really bad dream, I couldn't quite get to the bottom of it but I remember words such as; Turncoat, something about rats abandoning a ship, and leopard's spots, it was ever so confusing.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:12 pm Really looking forward to the game against Rushden & Diamonds on Saturday. It’s winnable.
We need three points.
We need to be out of that relegation zone.
The way ticket sales are going so far, I reckon we'll top the Alvechurch attendance figure. It is a winnable game tomorrow. Our season needs to start here.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Not sure I understand the question
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

I don't think there is a deliberate ploy by anyone to get relegated. The team, for whatever reason, is not good enough at present to beat teams who are 'better' than them.
On the positive side, there are lots of points still to play for, and the gap between the bottom teams remains small. In addition, players are progressing from the academy to the first team, which is good.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

For those of you who did attend the match, and weren't wearing rose coloured glasses, you witnessed a second half performance by Hitchin that at least deserved a draw in a very entertaining match.The rarity of a goal from a corner on the volley, in the second minute would have been a set back for any team, but that's our luck at the moment.
From then on, Hitchin faced a slick, fast passing side,and Rushden defended as though their very life depended on it.Then we conceded another goal, but before that we had good chances to equalise, and went in at half time 2-0 down.In the second half we matched Rushden, and although we pulled a fantastic individual goal back by Callum,we just could not breakdown their resolute back four, but not for the want of trying with some of our own slick moves.Apart from the positions in the league table between these sides, any neutral fan watching would never realise Hitchin are in the bottom three. With performances like this, and a bit more luck, we won't be for long. Well played Town and to the fantastic fans that are keeping the faith.
HitchinTony

Post by HitchinTony »

Ironic that one of Hitchin’s best defenders in days gone by produces a side who cannot defend! When confidence is down the last thing the team needs is to concede the first goal.It puts immense pressure on the rest of the team when your chasing the game. Most of the goals i have witnessed have come from set pieces (corners, free kicks where opposition players are unmarked. You can’t keep giving away goals like that. But 6 points from 33 is simply not good enough.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

I felt really sorry for the team today. They threw everything at Rushden in the second half and were unlucky to lose. Give credit where it is due. In recent games and this one in particular they have shown great spirit despite their position in the league and if they continue to do so have a chance of eventually turning things around.

Today it was slack defending that let us down not just our inability to finish. The first goal although very well taken was down to the man being left totally unmarked inside the area and bang in front of goal. The golden rule has to be to mark every opponent both inside and just outside the area, goal side and touch tight and concentrate on so doing, thereby stopping their runs. It's no good just watching the ball you have to watch the man throughout the situation. Webby should make sure that this is carried out on every occasion.
Last edited by Brian Parker on Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

"Oh and for the record as a season ticket holder I’ve paid my money through the gate anyway"
Well I paid to see the latest Hollywood blockbuster but could not get to see it.
Never mind it was rubbish.
How can someone comment on something they didn't see!
The effort from the team was unquestionable today.
Give them a break.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic