Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by pudgy »

Do we have any decent strikers in the Women's Team?

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

With Callum Stead having scored 5 goals in our last 6 games I guess he may be a tad miffed to learn that supporters don't think we have any decent strikers, but I guess we all judge things differently.

We all have our opinions and the bare facts show we have lost too many games and are bottom of the table, that's indisputable so beyond that we can all choose what positives and negatives we wish to take.

I see a team that since the debacle against Needham Market has been competitive in the subsequent 11 games and hasn't lost by more than a single goal in any of them (with the exception of the Trophy game against Leiston) and with a little more quality in the finishing by various players could have taken several more points.

The introduction of Stephen Gleeson has clearly made a difference and Callum is scoring regularly again after his ill-fated spell at South Shields. I have no issue with the effort the team has been putting in and to my eye the recent games have been mostly an enjoyable, if rather agonising watch.

I've had a season ticket for 40 years and over the years we've had some seasons that were terrible with the quality on show being awful - far worse than what I've been watching (no doubt through my rose tinted contact lenses) recently.

In normal circumstances at the end of every season, the requisite number of teams get relegated and however many teams sack managers in the attempt to improve their fortunes, some teams will have to go down. Hopefully that won't be us and it doesn't look great right now, but there are other clubs not sitting much more comfortably than us and who knows what will happen to them - injuries, suspensions, budget cuts etc, so let's see 100% effort from every player for the remaining 20 matches and see where we end up.
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

That's the solution then, Chaffey for the striker spot alongside Stead.
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

That's the solution then, Chaffey for the striker spot alongside Stead.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

When Hitchin have had relatively poor players in the past, I cannot remember it being blamed on bad management. When we had a supply of good players, and reached the play-offs, suddenly the manager was a good manager.
The present situation is very much to do with the inadequate recruitment of 'quality'/better players. How much of that is to do with the manager is open to debate.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

"Mr. Refreshment, oh dear, another poster giving an opinion whilst hiding behind an alias. Look, I have absolutely no problem with anyone with an alias name who I know pulling my posts apart. I’ve known many of the people on this Forum with alias names for years. But as with the other poster earlier in this week you people who hide behind alias names I have difficulty taking you seriously until you tell me who you are. I think that’s quite a reasonable request."
My name is Jonathan Barnes.
If you want my address, date of birth, NI number fine.
I have never hid behind an alias.But then I am one of " you people " which you imply are some kind of underclass

The name Mr Refreshment comes from a Swedish band. Nothing whatsoever to do with any ulterior motive to hide my identity as you have implied.
Keep your accusations to yourself as well as your holier than thou attitude.
Last edited by Mr Refreshment on Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

Any relative of Wally Barnes?
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

Any relative of Wally Barnes?
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

No pudgy my late father was Peter, originally from Fulham.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Mr Refreshment wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:30 pm The name Mr Refreshment comes from a Swedish band. Nothing whatsoever to do with any ulterior motive to hide my identity as you have implied.
Keep your accusations to yourself as well as your holier than thou attitude.
Here here!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic