Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by Brian »

We are where we are for a reason and that can not be argued against however what I saw yesterday was a group of players that played their hearts out for the club, themselves, the manager and the fans. The fans responded be applauding them off the pitch. The atmosphere was electric behind the goal during the second half when we really fought to get back level.

For those who remember the last time we got relegated it was a totally different story. We changed manager around the new year if memory serves me right. Both managers had players coming and going every week. I'm sure many remember the game at Hemel Hempstead, one player decided to sign for another club the day before and just not bother to turn up to the game without having the decency to tell anyone whilst another player stood in the centre of the pitch for most of the game then made hand gestures at fans and argued with them when he was finally substituted.

This may not be the best squad of players we have seen in recent years and we desperately need a couple of decent additions to the squad but what we do have is a group of players that are together, want to play for the club and have a tremendous team spirit, and it might just be that team spirit that could get us out of this.

ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Mr Refreshment wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:48 pm No pudgy my late father was Peter, originally from Fulham.
You're obviously of excellent stock then with your Fulham ancestory :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

With the risk of the 2021/22 season ending early due to Covid and the possibility of teams being promoted and relegated on points per game it was essential to get ahead with a strong start.

Points per game halfway through the season – Step 3 worst teams:

Wimborne 0.39
Leatherhead 0.47
Merthyr 0.55
Grantham 0.65
Hitchin 0.65

Premier Central:

Nuneaton 0.8
Lowestoft 0.9
St Ives 0.95
Redditch 1.0
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Anemometer springs to mind, if the cap fits.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Updating Peter's stats after Saturday 11 December:

Points per game – Step 3 worst teams (PPG < 1):

Wimborne 0.39 -> 0.42
Merthyr 0.55 -> 0.52
Leatherhead 0.47 -> 0.6
Grantham 0.65 -> 0.62
Kings Langley 0.68
Brightlingsea 0.74
East Thurrock 0.74
Nuneaton 0.8 -> 0.76
Hitchin 0.65 -> 0.76

Hartley Wintney 0.8
Cray 0.83
Wingate & F 0.85
Lowestoft 0.9
Mickleover 0.91
St Ives 0.95 -> 0.91
Nantwich 0.95
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Not got the Saturday update from those of us who never watched the game but have an opinion?
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

I have already asked once - please can we stop the personal snipes, digs and insinuations.

I have monitored this thread and whatever anyone's personal views, I consider the above to be unwarranted and I am not going to spend time firefighting this when I could be putting my time to more positive use to help the Club.

I will just delete anything in future that I consider to be an unwarranted personal snipe at any individual. Things have been so positive at the Club that I would hope that all real supporters would want to keep it that way. And that includes individuals being able to express their opinions without any fear of personal retribution.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RST wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:32 am Updating Peter's stats after Saturday 11 December:

Points per game – Step 3 worst teams (PPG < 1):

Wimborne 0.39 -> 0.42
Merthyr 0.55 -> 0.52
Leatherhead 0.47 -> 0.6
Grantham 0.65 -> 0.62
Kings Langley 0.68
Brightlingsea 0.74
East Thurrock 0.74
Nuneaton 0.8 -> 0.76
Hitchin 0.65 -> 0.76

Hartley Wintney 0.8
Cray 0.83
Wingate & F 0.85
Lowestoft 0.9
Mickleover 0.91
St Ives 0.95 -> 0.91
Nantwich 0.95
Up to 0.77 after Tuesday.

We must beat Tamworth and Royston because we all know it ends with Peterborough Sports.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

Why are you so sure it ends with Peterborough Peter ?
I certainly don’t and I’m sure the players don’t think like that !
After our last two results I’m not sure any team would look forward to visiting us.
Keep the faith.
Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:58 pm
Steve wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:27 am Why are you so sure it ends with Peterborough Peter ?
I certainly don’t and I’m sure the players don’t think like that !
After our last two results I’m not sure any team would look forward to visiting us.
Keep the faith.
Absolutely Steve.

Peterborough Sports are currently not having a good month. They’ve lost their last two league games, away to Alvechurch and at home to Redditch.

They’ve come so far as a club in recent seasons, but it is of course possible that they may have peaked too early and/or run out of steam for the time being.
No, I mean in the Covid era the season always ends with defeat at home to Peterborough Sports and therefore we've got to beat Tamworth and Royston due to the points per game scenario.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic