Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by RST »

I updated the stats on December 27th and nobody had any comment. I updated the stats on January 17th and nobody had any comment, so given I have other things to do with my life I felt wasting time updating the stats again wasn't worth the effort.

47 days later I am criticised for only updating the stats when we are winning. Not a single posting in all that time until yesterday suggests to me that people aren't overly bothered with those stats.

You are welcome to post your view Jackie, Piltdown is welcome to agree, Canadian is most welcome to express his concerns and hopefully I am welcome to post some stats when I think people may be interested.

russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:36 am No one is allowed to criticise.
This isn’t really true is it
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

IMO we need to bite the bullit and get a couple of “been there done it “ players in to get us through this whatever it costs us as it would be money well spent, and if we do go down crowds would drop and gate prices would have to decrease meaning less income, not rocket science and the transfer deadline is fast approaching.
Just my thoughts that’s all🤷‍♂️
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Canadian wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:33 pm Seeme like Newcastle have solved their problems!
Yeah, let's get us some Saudi blood money. FFS!
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

RST wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:26 pm I updated the stats on December 27th and nobody had any comment. I updated the stats on January 17th and nobody had any comment, so given I have other things to do with my life I felt wasting time updating the stats again wasn't worth the effort.

47 days later I am criticised for only updating the stats when we are winning. Not a single posting in all that time until yesterday suggests to me that people aren't overly bothered with those stats.

You are welcome to post your view Jackie, Piltdown is welcome to agree, Canadian is most welcome to express his concerns and hopefully I am welcome to post some stats when I think people may be interested.
RST, Thanks for your efforts which come rain or shine I find interesting
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Mr Refreshment wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:09 pm RST, Thanks for your efforts which come rain or shine I find interesting
Thanks Mr. R :thumbsup:
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

RST wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:48 pm
Mr Refreshment wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 1:09 pm RST, Thanks for your efforts which come rain or shine I find interesting
Thanks Mr. R :thumbsup:
Rupert. Although people dont comment I dont think that is a true reflection on how people read those posts. Your being a tad hard on yourself there.
Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

An analysis of teams who have achieved less points than games played at 10 March.

As I understand it we're currently safe and only Biggleswade would be relegated, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wimborne – 0.484
Merthyr – 0.485
Leatherhead – 0.576
East Thurrock – 0.656
Grantham – 0.788
Dorchester – 0.824
Biggleswade – 0.828
Kings Langley – 0.829
Cray – 0.853 Relegation zone
-----------------------------------------------
Lowestoft – 0.867 Safe zone
Brightlingsea – 0.875
Hitchin – 0.903
Witton – 0.968
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

The team have been feeble since the start of the season, obvious to most that, among a number of deficiencies, it lacked a quality striker, but this wasn't remedied until early December, with the signing of Jake Hutchinson. Through December we then won four games in a row, and seemed to have turned a corner, but then results tailed off again. To date, in the league, we've won exactly 7 games, drawn another 7, and lost 17, which is pretty pathetic. There is a serious lack of players in the squad with the skill and experience to compete successfully at this level, despite the excellent level of support the team receives.
Is this down to poor management, or a lack of funds? Are we aware of Mark's budget, how does it compare to previous seasons, and to our competitors?
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Sky Blue Canary wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:06 pm An analysis of teams who have achieved less points than games played at 10 March.

As I understand it we're currently safe and only Biggleswade would be relegated, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Wimborne – 0.484
Merthyr – 0.485
Leatherhead – 0.576
East Thurrock – 0.656
Grantham – 0.788
Dorchester – 0.824
Biggleswade – 0.828
Kings Langley – 0.829
Cray – 0.853 Relegation zone
-----------------------------------------------
Lowestoft – 0.867 Safe zone
Brightlingsea – 0.875
Hitchin – 0.903
Witton – 0.968
I think the bottom two go down regardless and it's only third bottom that go up against equivalent leagues
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic