Time for change?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Time for change?

Post by steve.max »

Piltdown - I`m with you, see Prediction - LEISTON, regarding the striker. I thought that as we were dominating the game why not put another striker on in place of a midfielder or defender. If we lose 2-1 we get no points, and if the gamble doesn`t work and we lose by 3-1 or 4-1 we still get no points so nothing lost. You never know the introduction of three up front might have got us a point or perhaps with a bit of luck all three points.

Alan C
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Alan C »

“Apart from Will, Kane, MJ and Matt have any other players turned out regularly at a higher level? Noah Chesmain maybe?”

Colin, Kane played against Jamal Lowe in the Bournemouth match and Josh Coley nearly scored for Exeter City last Saturday.
Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Mr Refreshment »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:14 pm Wow! You have all been busy on here today. I don’t have the luxury of taking out this much time in the working day.
This is sarcasm at its lowest.
Insinuating that no one else works hard.
You "don't have the time...." yet you do have the time to have a go at all and sundry and especially certain others!
I think you enjoy it!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Mr Refreshment wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:24 pm
Jacqueline Mary wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 7:14 pm Wow! You have all been busy on here today. I don’t have the luxury of taking out this much time in the working day.
This is sarcasm at its lowest.
Insinuating that no one else works hard.
You "don't have the time...." yet you do have the time to have a go at all and sundry and especially certain others!
I think you enjoy it!
Agree.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:36 am So you were eager to update the relegation stats while we were winning but you’re not so eager while we’re continually losing.

The manager must be in dream land right now. No matter how many games we lose, the only thing that matters is the club getting right behind a manager who from his game management this season is clearly not bothered about dragging this club down to Central Division and if we do miraculously escape the drop it’s still been a dreadful season on the pitch. No one is allowed to criticise. Even though the average duration of a footballing manager is five years, It’s now disloyal to call for a change of manager. Even innocent banter and genuine humour is now being aggressively labelled as sarcasm on this forum.
Fun fact of the day - over the last 12 games Hitchin have earned the same number of points (16) as Peterborough, both teams having won 4, drawn 4 and lost 4.

Doesn't entirely suggest that Hitchin are continually losing, even though we are still in a most precarious position.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:39 pm
Ahead of the WATG match next Saturday one thing that still hasn’t changed is the glaring lack of female contributors on this forum. Over the past 6 or 7 years there have only been two regular contributors. I have brought several female Hitchin supporters onto the forum myself over the years but they have all left within less than a handful of postings because they have been put off by being heavily criticised for having an alternative opinion. If this club is serious about inclusivity then this is something that drastically needs to change.

This is what the title of the thread is about after all. Time for change.
Back to the old misogynistic line reasoning which is both ridiculous and insulting. We've been here before have we not?

1. Name these members you claimed to have introduced and been seen off? Give yourself some credibility as they will still be listed as members. You wont be able to as your point there is simply false.

2. Your agenda against Burkey is plain to see within your comments. You dont like him which is your right but shooting on those that have supported him inc myself is not healthy debate at all it's all about the Jackie Show.

Based on your reasoning you should have many women who will come on here in your defense?

For the record I firmly believe the club is ahead of the pack in terms of diversity and having such days and that is to the credit of the team of volunteers who organise such days. The club has never been so inclusive and the results can be seen in the crowd each match day. IMO.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

So where are the several female supporters you bought to this forum? Quite a selective response.

I think most people would read your original comment the same way I did but as usual not a hint of wrongdoing on your part.

Im happy to let people read your comment how they see fit.

Also no further comment. You posted that for a reaction and you got one.
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

4th attempt! As this old thing has lost my long typed responses!! I am sure they were much better too!! :lol:
Ahead of the WATG match next Saturday one thing that still hasn’t changed is the glaring lack of female contributors on this forum. Over the past 6 or 7 years there have only been two regular contributors. I have brought several female Hitchin supporters onto the forum myself over the years but they have all left within less than a handful of postings because they have been put off by being heavily criticised for having an alternative opinion. If this club is serious about inclusivity then this is something that drastically needs to change.
This Club is very serious about inclusivity. I have been only around for 7+ years and I have seen the demographic of our support change massively. The female and LGBT+ following at Top Field is continually growing. Supporters are getting younger.

I will quote a recent visiting female referee as I am sure she wouldn't mind
I must say you are one of the few friendly and approachable clubs that I’ve been to this season and I would certainly look forward to returning.
That is testament to every supporter and volunteer at the Club ensuring a welcome to every visitor here. We actually show that football really is for everyone.

As for the use on the forum, its an old medium, most people use Twitter or Facebook; they prefer to quickly, "like" or share an article. They have discussions on their own page with fellow supporters and friends. Youngsters use Instagram, this is an age of speed not long drawn out discussion. I love the forum I certainly don't come on here on a daily basis; I like the postings on all 3 boards.

So well done all at Hitchin Town FC for being inclusive, change has happened and is happening.

(Copying response for a 2nd time as it keeps losing it) :oops:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic