Money, Money Money

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Money, Money Money

Post by Greenfinch »

Money, money money,
Must be funny,
In Hitchins' world.
Money,money money,
always sunny,
in a Cow Commoners world.
Aha, all the things we could do,
if the council, played ball too.
Its so sad to see Hitchin struggle every season, it should not be happening,where would we be without our volunteers, and dedicated supporters,its just not fair.We haven't got an oil well under Top Field,and if we did, it wouldn't be the same,as to me the deeper the well the higher in the league you would finish, and that's not for me.
But we do have The Cow Commoners, hiding behind the 'trust thing' and a centuries old law, stopping any progress at Top Field,with the old chestnut, the trust is for the whole Town, recreational and sports.Fair enough, but if that's the case,why not talk to the council, and the club,and get some action going. For instance,
A leisure centre, cinema, night club, restaurants and a few houses, to generate funds for everyone and fun too.
A consortium of business men could be formed, or a developer, something needs to give.

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Money, Money Money

Post by Neil »

...the same Cow Commoners that waived the rent?
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

and tried to move the ground to St Ippolyts, yeah they needed to renew public confidence, and with respect Neil your comments about the rent deflected from the main issue that I wrote about.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

The club is owned by a private individual so the council is not going to get involved. Only something like a 3G pitch, or similar, would generate regular funding to help improve the playing squad.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Oh badly advised , so 1500 people marching trough the town didn't influence them then.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

It's been documented quite a bit that the Cow Commoners have been very supportive of the club during the pandemic.

I believe without the new lease virtually none of the ground improvements could have taken place.

I have to say I used the new refreshment facilities for the first time yesterday, very impressed.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Very difficult to say for sure that 1500 people marching through the town made the Cow Commoners withdraw their plans for Top Field. An often forgotten factor was the realisation that the site for a new ground in Stevenage Road was never going to get planning permission (obvious after
the council's planning department was consulted).
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

But the intent was there Michael, and as for the lease they probably felt obliged to give us another 25years after the stress and worry they put the fans through.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic