Generation Cup

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

mattf
Silver Member
Silver Member

Generation Cup

Post by mattf »

Thought it would be nice to post something positive on here, amongst a lot of negativity!

Just wanted to say how well organised the Generation Cup was at Top Field this weekend - I know first hand how much work all the volunteers put in every day and to have something like this on top of the usual matchday/weekly tasks must have been difficult to manage. The atmosphere was really friendly & looked like people were enjoying themselves, too. Hitchin still couldn't pick up a win, which was a shame :big_grin:

Credit to Chris, Roy, Kate, Mick, Stew, Paul & the many others that I didn't see yesterday - plus easily the best grounds staff at this level.

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Generation Cup

Post by Greenfinch »

Very thoughtful post mattf, and you're right, its nice to hear something positive for a change, instead of the drivel,derogatory and condescending remarks directed at Mark (not by all). A new manager would not change anything, he would still have to abide by the playing budget,Mark has good connections, especially with Luton,and 6 months before the season ends,and above all his heart is embedded in this club.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Agree, a new manager may not change anything significantly. However, because somebody's heart is in the club it doesn't mean that they should remain manager indefinitely. Mark will also surely know in his own mind when it is time to leave.
Not sure that his connections matter too much, because they are not bringing 'better' players to the club at the moment. Though, of course, wage levels will often be a deciding factor.
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Heavy rain falling as I left home; my bus having its front window smashed as it was hit by a falling branch on Offley hill; I was beginning to fear that the day would not go well.
I need not have worried, as the weather brightened up, and a pleasant time was had by all at Top Field. Lovely to see the return of our players of yesteryear, but the lack of a crowd turning out in the expected numbers (well, I expected more would be there for such an auspicious occasion) did dampen my spirits a bit. I certainly expected the FA would have ensured the event got proper coverage, especially getting the youth interested enough to attend. But anyway I enjoyed the day, so that's all that matters I suppose.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic