What a tonic

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a tonic

Post by Brian Parker »

Well, who would have expected it?

Four goals and all of them good ones after hours between those in previous weeks. A well deserved win against a team that is riding high in this league. I really liked the way we pressed, maintaining pressure on the opposition throughout despite the inevitably high expenditure of effort involved.

It augers well for the games ahead. Let's hope that it's maintained. A pity that we have no game this weekend.

Final thoughts: Maloney's second a strong contender for goal of the season and well done to Rio Dasilva, who ran his socks off and is improving with every game.

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: What a tonic

Post by Brian »

Well said Brian.

If we can build on that performance and play like that regularly then we will be fine.

A fantastic team effort :thumbsup:
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

Great result, lets do it every week.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Brian Parker, I couldn't put your comments any better myself, only perhaps Mark should put a large Gin in his tonic for not only turning our fortunes round, but the dignified manner in the way he went about to answer his critics, especially on the field of play.This all started at Biggleswade, I don't care the comments that Biggleswade were not up to their best, they still had to be beaten,I just felt our defence was sound, and this resonated throughout the team, and confidence was gained. This confidence was carried through to the Leiston game, we mixed it up at the back, we shut them down, we battled, we took punishment, we got back up, we played some lovely flowing football, and yes, we scored goals. This team wants to play for Mark, they respect him, they respect our loyal fans, the celebrations behind the goal after scoring bought tears to my eyes,this is Hitchin Town at its best and we all went home happy.Enjoy that Gin and Tonic Mark and keep up the good work.
Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Greenfinch »

Mmmm, not hearing too many comments from the other doom and gloom merchants,their humble pie must be still stuck in their throats.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

Well anyone reading my posts prior to Monday evening would undoubtedly have had me squarely amongst those doom and gloom merchants. All I can say is that I report what I can see and until now that has been pretty uninspiring. The nadir being the complete and utter capitulation to Needham Market. Maybe that was the kick up the jacksie that was needed. Since then we began to see some improvement especially in the pressing and general motivation but without any noticeable goal threat emerging. Hence my exclamation "what a tonic" as Monday's goal fest appeared to come out of the blue. One swallow does not a summer make but hope has definitely arisen.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic