Happy At Step 3 or Boom & Bust? The Lessons of Gosport Borough.

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ClubAdmin

Re: Happy At Step 3 or Boom & Bust? The Lessons of Gosport Borough.

Post by ClubAdmin »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:50 pm So Tamworth have a salaried full time General Manager? Would love to know how that will pan out Chris.
Tamworth have a long history of competing at Step 2 until they got relegated four years ago. They are still a would be Step 2 club and seem to operate as such.
Brian wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:16 pm Chris - Remember Rothwell? the first visit, second visit and then the game we finally completed!
Brian - do I ever remember Rothwell. I was at the first game where the oil fuelled floodlights failed. The second game I wasn't at, because I was at Fulham watching them in the Europa League. I very unkindly laughed my head off at Frank King when he phoned me five minutes before kick off to tell me that the game had been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I was at the third game - they were a club on their knees. Their Chairman came and stood with us and was telling me that he's had enough, and that all the stick he was getting just wasn't worth it. They folded at the end of that season. One of the more extreme experiences at Step 4.

I must admit, I view the thought of the likes of Kidlington, North Leigh and Wantage Town with some intrepidation!

"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic