HTFC Website Admin Required...

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

HTFC Website Admin Required...

Post by CanaryHatter »

Morning all!

After 4-5 years, I've recently made the decision to step-away from volunteering with Hitchin Town FC for a short period. This is mainly down to my better half expecting our second little one in March, coupled with a new house renovation we'll be taking on from January - so unfortunately HTFC has dropped down the priority list a little.

This does however create a requirement for a new administrator for the Hitchin Town FC website. In terms of hours/week - this equates to very little - perhaps one hour a week tops, which involves adding the bulletin sent over by Roy each Friday, plus the addition of Pipeman's match reports and updates to the fixtures/results page.

There are other page update requirements but these are very few and far between.

I have been creating some training videos for each task, which is really easy to complete, it's merely just a time issue for me I'm afraid. We use a platform called WordPress, but the adding of content is basically like using Word and is a very straightforward interface.

The plan is to stay away at the end of 2021, so before we ask the world via social media, I figured it's worth posing the question to the 'hardcore' group we have on here to see if anyone would be able/willing to do this? Any Qs - please don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Stew :big_grin:

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: HTFC Website Admin Required...

Post by Brian »

Hi Stewart

Just to say thank you for all your efforts over the last 4-5 years.

You have achieved so much in your time volunteering at the club. All your work on the website and social media side of the club, plus redesigning and building the new media area.

It's been a pleasure working with you.

Congratulations on the news of a second arrival in March.
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

Thank you both - very kind! It’s been a fun journey, but it’s hopefully just a short secondment onto building works. 👍
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

We are so sad to see you step aside and I third Brian, you have done a magnificent job. Congratulations to you both and dont go too far away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic