Stourbridge

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Ex-St Albans City
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Stourbridge

Post by Ex-St Albans City »

Wow. Didn’t’ see that coming … we’ll done to all

Greenfinch
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Stourbridge

Post by Greenfinch »

Bad management, + broken record player+ under spending + relegation = 0-4 congratulations Mark, and especially to the players for an outstanding result. Ye others of so little faith.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

First of all, nothing to be gained by any bitching and backbiting. People are entitled to opinions but please cut the personal digs out...not helpful.

It was a great win and the best thing was we were never in any trouble. Upbeat, positive, and almost mistake free. Four cracking goals. Tactics spot on.

But of course we need loads more of the same. Jake was superb. So was LB.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

In Peter's absence I took a few photos without managing to capture anything interesting.. I think his role as club photographer is safe....
Attachments
IMG_20211211_190554_189.jpg
IMG_20211211_190554_219.jpg
IMG_20211211_190554_306.jpg
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

Wonder if I’m the only person to have starred at our remaining fixtures for the majority of the morning, trying to work out where we can gain the points to stay up.

All this before realising it would be very Hitchin to win away to Peterborough Sports and Coalville before losing at home to St Ives and Nuneaton. 🤣

For me this poor period has been majority down to confidence, not ability. With the exception of Needham Market at home, we’ve barely lost a league game by more than the odd goal, so are hardly getting hammered week in, week out.

With 19 games left and 16 points on the board, I reckon if we hit 42-43 points we’d probably be safe. Still seems a big ask, but with 10 games left at home, plus the odd winnable away trip, hopefully those 26-27 more points are doable.

However before all that, the next four matches are crucial. All very tough fixtures against top half sides…

Rushall away
Tamworth home
Royston away
Posh sports home

If we can take the confidence from yesterday into these four and perhaps grab 4-6 points from those, I think we will give ourselves a real chance of surviving!

Finally, I believe the boys had their Christmas party after the Rushden game which seems to have worked wonders. Perhaps Mark could schedule the next Christmas party at the end of August next season. 😉

Congrats to all involved yesterday. A wonderful win. Bring on those 19 games… onwards and upwards.
pudgy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by pudgy »

Great win, primarily due to an on-loan striker, a solution I mentioned on this forum in November. Good to see management at last cottoning on.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Interesting to read in Pipeman's report that Callum Stead prefers playing out wide right as he did yesterday. That's where he played for WGC when they tore us to pieces in the League Cup a few years ago
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic