Hitchin v Tamworth today

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin v Tamworth today

Post by Brian Parker »

It happened right in front of us. A sickening clash of heads with both players running flat out and jumping for the ball. Thought Jack Green was a little unfortunate to get booked, although the other guy was probably favourite to get there first. Tamworth trainer told us that it was a neck injury and they had been told not to expect an ambulance for 90 minutes and they daren't move him. So I guess that's why the game was called off.

However this may have been a bit premature as the ambulance was there in minutes and they quickly had the guy sitting up and walking unaided to the ambuance shortly afterwards, with some applause and encouraging shouts from us HTFC fans remaining to see how he was. So I think his prognosis should be OK.

Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

It took at least 20 minutes for the ambulance to arrive not minutes as Brian says, and a lot longer for the paramedics to access the player who had been unconscious, but had come round.
He did walk to the ambulance eventually but remained in the ambulance for a long while before being taken to hospital where we hope he makes a full recovery.
The referee made the correct decision to abandon the game as neither team would surely not have wanted to continue the game IMO as the only thing that mattered was the injured player getting well and we all wish him a speedy recovery.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Tamworth tweeted a few minutes ago that Bilal Yafai has been released from hospital and is on his way home, so that's good to hear. Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

What I meant was that the ambulance arrived minutes after the Tamworth trainer told us 90 minutes. Agreed that he had been prone on the ground for a long time before that. I also thought the ambulance crew had him sitting up fairly quickly once they took over, so I believe I was right to hypothesise a good prognosis.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic