Club Colours

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Club Colours

Post by Canadian »

Since I re-connected with HTFC through the web about twenty years ago I still haven't grown to like IMHO the awful lemon and lime colours. I still think of Hitchin in amber and black. Time for a change? Let's adopt the purple people eater kit. The team look a lot more intimidaing in these colours. Hopefully I won't get too much flack as you are all concentrating on Christmas. By the way Merry Christmas and Happy new year to all forum readers.

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Club Colours

Post by Stuart »

A Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you Canadian.

I must admit I quite like the possibility of a new nickname, "Purple People Eater" does sound a tad more intimidating than "Canary", but we would of course have to consider all the re-branding required, one of our forum members comes to mind! :big_grin: :big_grin:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

After all the rebranding that has just happened I can't see another change any time soon. I would like to see the new purple kit become the regular away strip though, with the all green just used for emergencies.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the forumites.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

RST wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:53 pm After all the re branding that has just happened I can't see another change any time soon.
Fully agreed, I was being very tongue in cheek :big_grin:

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year RST, Jackie and all.
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

Purple? That’s Magenta I’ll have you know! 🤣🤣

Merry Christmas all! 🥳🥳
Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian »

Having owned and managed a printing company for over thirty years I can assure that is not magenta! Magenta is one of the four colours in the offset colour printing process (cyan, yellow and black are the three others). Unless of course the picture on the home page has been photoshopped.
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

How about this ?
Attachments
How about this from Google ?
How about this from Google ?
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

"Forum member who comes to mind" speaking :happy2:

Have read this thread with interest.

My thoughts:
- Having just gone through a massive amount of work to bring in a complete rebrand for this season, changing the home kit and ditching the yellow and green just isn't going to happen in the near future. You'd render all the new brand signage, merchandise that we have bought and sold, logos, identity......defunct. Implications are huge, and would be seen by the outside world as a very wasteful business decision.

So far as the away kit goes:
- I have loved Green army and I think that many of the regular away followers associate with it more.
- The magenta shirts for this year were a one off special to celebrate the 150 years of the first year of FA Cup competition in 1871, and to reflect the colours worn by the Hitchin team back then. If we continue with such kit beyond this season, it reneges on the message we have given out up until now that it is a "special" one season kit.

That said, whilst I love Green army and would prefer we stick to it - I am only too aware from my position that it does create a number of colour clash issues with other clubs in our league, and with goalkeepers who normally wear green as well. This season I've had about a third of the colour clash issues to address.
I personally am not averse to a purple/magenta variation for an away kit, it has looked really smart - but for me it HAS to be different to this season's kit so that we preserve the integrity of why we did what we did this season.

So far as Amber and Black goes:
It's history. Only our 60+ supporters who watched Hitchin as a boy can now associate with it. It means little to our ever growing younger support base, who will naturally far better associate with the present rather than the past. It was a great identity in the 50s, 60s and 70s - let's leave it there where it belongs Canadian. Merry Xmas by the way.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

Being old enough to remember the amber and black kit, compared to modern kits, it was dark and dull. Best left in the past.
Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian »

Surprised it took you so long to respond Chris. I would like to make several points but I concur that it is best to let it go. Merry Christmas! May our differences continue on many subjects to come. Regards.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic