Hitchin v St. Ives.

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Hitchin v St. Ives.

Post by Canadian »

Quite right JM. Who takes responsibility for publishing such a negative script? Surely it is the job of management to motivate and to have a positive outlook at all times.

MarkC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MarkC »

I haven’t posted on here for a very long time but these comments are out of order. If getting behind the club involves petty criticism of Roy and Mark ahead of a crucial game I think you need to examine your motivation for commenting.
COYC!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Well done guys. Great result.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Players and supporters were thoroughly enthused today. A fantastic performance by every player and a crowd of over 500 was terrific.

Well done lads.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Superb
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MACK »

A really enjoyable game. Strong performances everywhere. Alex Brown at left back seems to get stronger each game- he's now totally at home at this level. Good stuff.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

RST wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:51 pm Players and supporters were thoroughly enthused today. A fantastic performance by every player and a crowd of over 500 was terrific.

Well done lads.
I'm not sure I've ever felt so enthused!
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

I think that everything that happened today reflects where we are at the club at this time - great result, hopefully on an up, but definitely back in the mix. Two or three changes of players have made a massive difference, and the major positive I have noticed is that we have not given the ball away so easily. And sales in the club shop were again just incredible.

I had some input into the news bulletin providing information, so what I will say is...not negative, but realistic and accurate facts. And fact is Jackie, fixtures wise you are right, some clubs who have had cup runs have a bigger backlog than us, but what is also a fact that some clubs have been worse hit financially by the recent Covid postponements than others. And I truly think we have been hit the worst. Two Saturdays on the trot after an abandonment lost, and one of them a Bank Holiday where a 700+ crowd was on the cards. And yes that is frustrating, and if that came across, then understandable. But certainly not negative.

People are enthused. The dozen plus diehards who got over to Arlesey on Thursday night, a crowd of 546 today against St.Ives - it's all good and people want to be and stay positive. And why not, it's been a tough time up until recently....

From my perspective though, and with the ingrained Fulham in me....it's one game, there is still lots and lots to do. Herts Senior Cup on Tuesday evening - let's hope we can get a result at St.Albans and move on in that competition.....
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Superb result today.

For various reasons the last game I've been able to get to was AFC Rushden & Diamonds.
Best I go into permanent exile :lol: :lol: :lol:
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:44 am Superb result today.

For various reasons the last game I've been able to get to was AFC Rushden & Diamonds.
Best I go into permanent exile :lol: :lol: :lol:
You and me both Brian although we was both at the Tamworth game.

Thanks to work I have not seen a win since Biggleswade in September.

Waste of plastic that season ticket I have :big_grin: Number of games ive managed to get to!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic