For those going to Needham Market

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ClubAdmin

For those going to Needham Market

Post by ClubAdmin »

Please be aware of the Club's request re face mask wearing and represent the club in the best way possible:

We advise that spectators attending have a face covering and whilst not mandatory would request anyone entering our facilities to kindly wear a mask whilst walking around.

I think this applies more to when entering the Club house or any of the indoor facilities.

More than anything, just common sense prevails.

"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: For those going to Needham Market

Post by DarrenW »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:21 pm
ClubAdmin wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:32 pm Please be aware of the Club's request re face mask wearing and represent the club in the best way possible:

We advise that spectators attending have a face covering and whilst not mandatory would request anyone entering our facilities to kindly wear a mask whilst walking around.

I think this applies more to when entering the Club house or any of the indoor facilities.

More than anything, just common sense prevails.
When will common sense prevail?

I have had two night’s out in the last 4 days. One in a masked social setting indoors. One in a non masked social setting indoors.

Last Thursday night’s Bingo at our Canary Club, where only 1 person in the entire room was wearing a mask, common sense prevailed throughout the whole evening. People were smiling, enjoying themselves and just happy to be out in a normalised environment.

Then yesterday evening I went to Mecca In Stevenage. Maximum of about 80 people tops in the entire hall that can hold hundreds. No atmosphere. No one was smiling and most people even sat down at their table with their drinks were wearing masks. The place wasn’t just quiet. It was officially dead. Not the Mecca that I use to go to. Never again.

When I go for a night out, if I’m forced to follow bent rules made up by bent politicians I can guarantee I will have a rubbish time. I want to enjoy myself. I sincerely hope politics never becomes a “request” in the Canary Club. :mrgreen: ;)

Most relevant to those travelling to Needham Market I must say.

I think politics need's to be kept out of it.
Freddie Cardy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Freddie Cardy »

At the end of the day it's just a bit of fabric over your face and not an issue- we'll be there commentating if you would rather tune in than go to the game...

2pm kick-off so don't be late everyone!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:36 am Darren, I completely agree with you that politics should be left off the Forum. Nothing pleases me
more than discussing football matches that give us all a great deal of pleasure, away from the mad world we currently find ourselves in.

But:
I didn’t start this thread and the implication behind it is political. Masks are a political policy implemented by the government and in my personal opinion subsequently enforcing unfair pressure on non league clubs to issue statements such as these.

So as this topic has been posted by the Forum Admin I feel I am entitled to an opinion on the topic? Am I not?

We have had many topics posted on this Forum over the years that tend to cover other related aspects on the same point. Or is it a case yet again where a topic is posted and only certain members of the club are allowed to comment on it? I’m simply asking for clarification here. That’s all.
Simply put it's a polite request not mandatory. If it offends anyone dont go! Not a cue for a full political discussion.
Oldyeller
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Oldyeller »

It must be me but I checked the NM site for ticket information and could only find a link to purchase tickets that subsequently did not have any tickets available! Can anyone confirm that you can pay on the gate??
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

I was told today that they do accept payment on the gate but not sure if it’s just contactless or cash too!
Oldyeller
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Oldyeller »

Thanks I will take both!!
MACK
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MACK »

I was wondering too so will take both cash and card.
And yes, it's just a bit of cloth over the mouth and nose. No need for a full-on rant.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

DarrenW wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:56 pm Simply put it's a polite request not mandatory. If it offends anyone dont go! Not a cue for a full political discussion.
Spot on Darren. Couldn't have put it better myself.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

For those of you enquiring about payment....I'll do my best to clarify this in the future.

Yes you can pay cash at the gate.

If it is possible to buy online in advance, it helps the club and means you may avoid having to queue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic