Prediction - COALVILLE

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prediction - COALVILLE

Post by steve.max »

Looking at Coalville`s unbeaten home record and goals scored this looked like Hitchin were on a hiding to nothing. However for much of the match you could not tell the difference in our league positions. It wasn`t until we scored the opening goal that Coalville actually began to play good football and thus quickly equalised and went on to win the game. We did have our chances. Once again the lads gave their all and probably thought a draw would have been a fair result. Coalville players looked relieved at the final whistle.
The £5 entry fee initiative got Coalville a large crowd made up of (I believe) non Coalville fans, probably Leicester fans, whose every chant included the `c` word. The security person seemed to think this was the norm at football and obviously did nothing about it and just stood like a statue watching the game. The gentleman standing by me with his small children decided to leave the ground just before half time and probably will not return for sometime. Pity how some ruin the day for others.

On a brighter note congratulations to todays winners: Isla B, Alan Brooks, Alan Jordan, Peter Chapman, Peter Barnes, Steve Barker, Ruth Denniss and Frendo Magasaki
Attachments
Hitchin.pdf
(214.82 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Prediction - COALVILLE

Post by Neil »

I'm with on that, Steve. The "fans" were obnoxious and really not what you'd expect of non-league supporters. None of us are prudes, but the vibe was very unpleasant and unfriendly. Clearly, they didn't know what they were watching. "If you don't like it, f-off down to the away end" was their response when we turned round after they spouted their fouls language. As we all know, in non-league, there are no fixed ends at our level. Great shame, interesting place, Coalville, and a decent enough set-up. Stewarding isn't supposed to be cosmetic, but then what could they have done in reality? An 800 crowd was impressive, but there can be a downside to these initiatives. About 30 years ago, when we were in Isthmian 1, we used to get regular complaints about the language of Hitchin fans at away games. Thankfully, that's a thing of the past, but we never had as many as we saw at Coalville.
Cat Daisy
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Cat Daisy »

Premiership supporters so used to being policed, they don't know how to behave properly without police? Remember the Everton coachload that trashed the place?
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Having spoke to one of the Stewards in the first half they are from a firm that do football league games so probably more what there used to.

Having said that I wouldn't brand all their fans that way having spoken to a couple in the bar (Smallest clubhouse ive been in!) those up there at least had some concept of being welcoming.

Trouble in the first half mainly is they remained behind "Our" goal and with that problems sometimes come. Definitely not Non league supporters as has been mentioned and one I wouldn't hold against Coalville as a club.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

I hope any Leicester fans at Coalville that used bad language enjoyed the FA Cup match at Forest yesterday!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic