Coalville and fans

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coalville and fans

Post by Neil »

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Coalville and fans

Post by Kate Deller »

Thanks Neil another cracking article.

It's interesting and honestly I do think sometimes quality over quantity is better/nicer for all involved. I think building supporters slowly, by making improvements and encouraging more diverse crowds is the way forward. No one really wants to have the atmosphere of a good match spoiled by foul tirades. As you said non league is very much more friendly and sedate. Good happy banter between supporters and players makes it fun.

I hope Hitchin continue on the course we are treading and keep on building on our wonderfully, welcoming supporters.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Kate Deller wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 9:15 am Thanks Neil another cracking article.

It's interesting and honestly I do think sometimes quality over quantity is better/nicer for all involved. I think building supporters slowly, by making improvements and encouraging more diverse crowds is the way forward. No one really wants to have the atmosphere of a good match spoiled by foul tirades. As you said non league is very much more friendly and sedate. Good happy banter between supporters and players makes it fun.

I hope Hitchin continue on the course we are treading and keep on building on our wonderfully, welcoming supporters.
:goodposting:

It's a shame that trying to encourage more people and new faces to games can be detrimental.
Coalville have tried to be proactive and forward thinking, and it's caused them problems.
It just shows how different the non-league and Premier League worlds are.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

A good read as I always find with Neil's work.

One game I feel has been missed out is Leamington away in the Play-off final. A rock being lobbed at one of our coaches not to mention provocative behavior on the pitch at the end of the game from what can only be called FL/PL fans.

Last Saturday me and a few others opted to avoid the stand behind the goal and stood to the side. I didnt like the chants I will add.

Half time went up to the bar and queued with some home fans (The good kind) and had a good chat with a local guy who told me the history of the ground and it's mining history with the backdrop etc. That is and what non league is about. I was as interested to hear from him as he was me about Hitchin. A very nice chap and that is the typical non league fan and how i'd prefer to remember my trip to Coalville.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic