Hitchin Town v Rushall Olympic #WATG # IWD2022

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin Town v Rushall Olympic #WATG # IWD2022

Post by Kate Deller »

WATG (2).png
Happy International Womens Day today to all of our Female supporters and players within HTWFC, to all of our volunteers and anyone involved in HTFC.

We will be celebrating Women at the Game once again this year on 19th March 2022. I wholeheartedly believe this ethos has made a difference to our increasing female following at Hitchin Town. You all make a difference in making women feel welcome at Top Field and I salute you all for that.

Thank you and have a great day!

ClubAdmin

Re: Hitchin Town v Rushall Olympic #WATG # IWD2022

Post by ClubAdmin »

Hopefully it'll attract great interest and let's not forget that England are hosting the UEFA Women's Euros 2022 in July.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

Tomorrow is our Women at the Game match. We play 3rd in the League Rushall, bring your wives, girlfriends, children along. Its going to be a sunny day. Im going to get some chocolates to hand out to thank you.

A huge crowd would really lift the team, specially if we can really make some noise for them. It is pay what you want, so it helps spread the cost if you have a large family.

There is no better place to be on a sunny day than a match day at Top Field. Lets bust that 796 crowd.

See you all tomorrow, wear loads of yellow and lets get behind the Team and Burkey!!!
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

Fabulous result!
Fabulous day!

Brilliant atmosphere, lots of families in attendance. Thank you lads for a great result and thank you to the 619 supporters for bringing the sunshine.

I've had a superb day and if I was a drinker...I would pour a pint!
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

Very pleasant atmosphere and a great result. Great crowd, great support, great sales in the Club Shop again. Makes a whole load of difference when we kick towards the Fishponds Road end second half. Last time we did that? St.Ives I think.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Well done Kate and everyone involved for another great event.. and after LBs goal people will be eager to be back for more of the same!
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

ClubAdmin wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:40 pm Very pleasant atmosphere and a great result. Great crowd, great support, great sales in the Club Shop again. Makes a whole load of difference when we kick towards the Fishponds Road end second half. Last time we did that? St.Ives I think.
Great news the shop maintaining sales.

That's interesting Chris about kicking towards Fishponds. Perhaps that should be a thing. Did we win or lose the toss to get that?

Ha I had my lucky hat, lucky daughter and lucky mum there! I've told them all they have got to come for the rest of the season :big_grin:
Kate Deller
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Kate Deller »

russell wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:45 pm Well done Kate and everyone involved for another great event.. and after LBs goal people will be eager to be back for more of the same!
Really hope so Russell, was a super crowd today. All in great voice.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Alot of positive feeling in the air today.

The most entertained I have been all season with the few games ive been able to attend. Great to see the more women at the game and hope they return :)
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Kate Deller wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:21 pm That's interesting Chris about kicking towards Fishponds. Perhaps that should be a thing. Did we win or lose the toss to get that?
Over my many years at Top Field we almost always seemed to kick towards the Fishponds end in the second half Kate and it always creates a better atmosphere.

I wonder whether in days gone by there was a gentleman's agreement between clubs to let the home team kick their preferred way in the second half as it cannot have been by chance that we kicked that way the vast majority of the time.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic