Hitchin Town v Rushall Olympic #WATG # IWD2022

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ClubAdmin

Re: Hitchin Town v Rushall Olympic #WATG # IWD2022

Post by ClubAdmin »

Rupe in recent seasons we haven't kicked towards the Fishponds Road end second half either through managerial choice or because Webby is a total loser at the coin toss :lol: :lol: :lol:

"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Yup, that's just recent seasons though, I've got loads more that I sadly can't class as recent! :mrgreen:
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Steve »

I’ve always thought it would be interesting to know at the end of a season the total of our goals scored in either end?
People say we like kicking down the SLOPE second half !
What slope is that 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

It would indeed be interesting to see figures for goals scored in the 2nd half at each end of the ground. The second halves kicking toward the Fishponds road end seem to have remained in the memory for longer, particularly matches in the 1970s and 80s where the crowd was increased significantly by people coming in after half-time for free.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Perhaps it's more important to the fans than the players and management but for me kicking towards Fishponds Road second half was always a big thing. I still look at it as the home end.

I remember us beating Rugby in our first season in the Southern Premier. 2-0 down at half time, Gavin Jaggard comes on as a sub and scores a hat-trick in something like 10 minutes. The atmosphere behind the Fishponds Road goal was electric.

Well done to Burkey and the boys on Saturday. Four points against two teams in the play-offs is a superb return.
With us still to play Lowestoft, Nuneaton and Bromsgrove last game of the season, it's very much in our own hands now.
Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Stuart »

Steve wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:47 pm People say we like kicking down the SLOPE second half !
What slope is that 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
..that would be the curvature of the earth Steve :lol: :big_grin: your going to need a bigger roller :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic