Interview With Grant Biddle Chairman Of Peterborough Sports Saturday 12th March.

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Stuart
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Interview With Grant Biddle Chairman Of Peterborough Sports Saturday 12th March.

Post by Stuart »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:34 am to say this club has been run in a financially prudent manner over the past ten years is pure speculation.
Hi Jackie, I have been reading all the comments on this thread, I wasn't going to say anything, we are all entitled to our own opinions but feel that your comment above to be a bit unfair. I have every confidence that the club has been run, and continues to be run, in a financially prudent manner with no speculation required.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Interview With Grant Biddle Chairman Of Peterborough Sports Saturday 12th March.

Post by RST »

Could someone please supply me with links to the recent financial accounts of all the Southern League Central Premier division clubs so that I can do some analysis.

Thanks.
Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Geoff »

RST wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:41 pm Could someone please supply me with links to the recent financial accounts of all the Southern League Central Premier division clubs so that I can do some analysis.

Thanks.
I look forward to seeing that PPG ( POUNDS PER GAME) league table :big_grin: ;)
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

RST wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:31 pm a large number of willing volunteers
Great postings and debates but can't totally agree with the above Rupe.

Whilst there has been a really good response to help with ground maintenance, pitch maintenance etc. outside of match days, it is a harsh fact that it is not the case with actual match days.

Kate has done shout outs for match days help and we are still in the position on Match day, it falls down to the same dozen maximum people all the time. And reasonably, even they can't make every game. We are still in a position where there is sadly too much indispensability with a lot of activities where there either is, or has been, no backups when/should the main person step away or be otherwise incapacitated. Examples:

Website updating (not just weekly bulletin and news)
Programme
Kaizen Ticketing
Club Shop
Turnstiles
50/50 Ticket Sales
Marshals
Car Park Attendants
Social Media
Match Day App (which we have to complete for the Southern League to avoid being fined)#
General Administration (things such as organising mascots, pitch hire, email enquiries)

Everything falls down to the same few people. So I have to say it's overall, a small number of willing volunteers giving regular and total commitment, without whom match days wouldn't happen. :clap: :clap:
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

ClubAdmin wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:07 am
RST wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:31 pm a large number of willing volunteers
Great postings and debates but can't totally agree with the above Rupe.

Whilst there has been a really good response to help with ground maintenance, pitch maintenance etc. outside of match days, it is a harsh fact that it is not the case with actual match days.

Kate has done shout outs for match days help and we are still in the position on Match day, it falls down to the same dozen maximum people all the time. And reasonably, even they can't make every game. We are still in a position where there is sadly too much indispensability with a lot of activities where there either is, or has been, no backups when/should the main person step away or be otherwise incapacitated. Examples:

Website updating (not just weekly bulletin and news)
Programme
Kaizen Ticketing
Club Shop
Turnstiles
50/50 Ticket Sales
Marshals
Car Park Attendants
Social Media
Match Day App (which we have to complete for the Southern League to avoid being fined)#
General Administration (things such as organising mascots, pitch hire, email enquiries)

Everything falls down to the same few people. So I have to say it's overall, a small number of willing volunteers giving regular and total commitment, without whom match days wouldn't happen. :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately with the best will I am only able to make 30-40% of games during the season now and consider this restrictive enough without doing match day volunteering again. However will talk to yourself and/or Kate about something maybe non matchday related?
Neil
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Neil »

The financial accounts are available to anyone. Go to this link:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

They are not full accounts (micro), so it is difficult to see exactly what's happening, but creditors ( 1 year plus) are owed £ 299,000

The next set of accounts are due today! - in fact, at 12.50 they were posted!!
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Neil wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:48 pm The financial accounts are available to anyone. Go to this link:

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history

They are not full accounts (micro), so it is difficult to see exactly what's happening, but creditors ( 1 year plus) are owed £ 299,000

The next set of accounts are due today! - in fact, at 12.50 they were posted!!
Had a friend whose an accountant look it over. She (stating the obvious somewhat) said the accounts are much better this year than last and creditors is not something to be overly concerned by.

The obvious question for me is do those figures inc the crowdfund or not?
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Jacqueline Mary wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:47 pm
CanaryHatter wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:11 pm Had a discussion with this guy on Twitter recently. Apparently sports have the tenth biggest budget in the league (ha) and he didn’t see the value in youth or a reserves squad.

Needless to say, I thought he was a complete tool. No long-term plan there - wait for the cash to dry up and tumble back down the leagues.
Cash drying up? Tumbling back down the leagues? Really Canary Hatter. Maybe you need to firstly look a bit closer to home and secondly to check out the current National League North Table. Peterborough Sports currently lie in 9th spot having made a good start. Not to mention high flying Banbury currently sitting in 3rd place.

Both clubs promoted from our league only last season and yet both clubs unjustifiably ridiculed on this forum in recent seasons. As I have stated elsewhere, jealousy is a terrible virtue.
Til the well run's dry and you wont have anything to say about it as you will never admit to being wrong about anything.

I think it's you who needs the history lesson as boom clubs experience bust 90% of the time.
MichaelD
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by MichaelD »

What is this obsession with just waiting for successful clubs to go bust? Hitchin will never go bust nor, more importantly, never experience real success because they are scared to leave their comfort zone.
The claim of 90% of boom clubs going bust is laughable. Often these clubs do not reach their ambitious targets, but usually settle at a higher status than they were previously at. For example, Arlesey, Whitehawk and Lewes to name just three of many.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

MichaelD wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:40 pm What is this obsession with just waiting for successful clubs to go bust? Hitchin will never go bust nor, more importantly, never experience real success because they are scared to leave their comfort zone.
The claim of 90% of boom clubs going bust is laughable. Often these clubs do not reach their ambitious targets, but usually settle at a higher status than they were previously at. For example, Arlesey, Whitehawk and Lewes to name just three of many.
Not sure about Whitehawk but how did the money years benefit Arlesey? They are back where they was before the money come in.

Lewes the chairman is still there? St Neots threw money at getting in the Conf a few years ago and failed. They ended up more or less wanting to be relegated to cut cost's.

Histon had 3 successive relegation's when the money dried up.

Could name others but who on earth would want that at there club? Gambling the clubs future for 5 mins of glory? Of course the less fortunate have gone out of business.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic