Unlucky Fan's

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Unlucky Fan's

Post by DarrenW »

Just for a laugh.

Had a Whatsapp earlier from a mate/fan saying "Just as well im on the wagon all the pubs are closed!" Anyone who likes the ale will know Needham has a couple of nice pubs near by. I wont mention Basford either!

Couple of others I remember.

John Gray RIP missed the winner at Stevenage as Luton at Peterborough? Had to shoot off early. He told me that one himself. With a strong hint of regret.

Alan Hunt RIP had a season where he drew a reputation for us scoring everytime he had to use the gents.

Mark Smith (The fan not the player) Did 5-6 away games one season and we lost the lot no matter the form going into it.

Myself going to Truro and being in the gents when we scored. We drew 1-1.

Any other stories to add? Think there must be some good stories hence my post.

Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Unlucky Fan's

Post by Brian »

Off the top of my head three spring to mind, two involving Raj, our physio in the late 2000's.

Bedford Dave driving to Chesham although we were playing at Cheshunt.

Playing Corby away but Raj thought it was a home game.

And the legendary incident at Corley Services on the M6 just north of Coventry. We were told we had ten minutes before we were back on the road.
Raj needed a dump. We were just pulling onto the M6 when we realised Raj wasn't on the coach. Everyone looked out the back window to see him running down the slip road waving in panic.
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:29 pm And the legendary incident at Corley Services on the M6 just north of Coventry. We were told we had ten minutes before we were back on the road.
Raj needed a dump. We were just pulling onto the M6 when we realised Raj wasn't on the coach. Everyone looked out the back window to see him running down the slip road waving in panic.
That's the best version of the story ive heard! Brilliant.
Chris_N
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Chris_N »

DarrenW wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:12 pm
Brian wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:29 pm And the legendary incident at Corley Services on the M6 just north of Coventry. We were told we had ten minutes before we were back on the road.
That's the best version of the story ive heard! Brilliant.
And the saying: "Where's Raj?" stuck for years!

My unluckiest moment as a fan was not even footy related. Went to my first and only ever Rugby Union International. England v Australia at Twickenham in 1982. Went to the loo at half time and missed the historic, iconic Erica Roe streak! :thumbsdown: :banghead3: :-(
anthony.brown
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by anthony.brown »

Walking to the infamous 'hedgehog match' against Arlesey I got drenched in a sudden rainstorm. Fearing pneumonia, I missed the match and instead rushed back home for a much needed shower.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic