Prediction - PETERBOROUGH

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

steve.max
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Prediction - PETERBOROUGH

Post by steve.max »

A hard fought well earned point today against one of the top four in the division. Thought Peterborough were ok but nothing special like many a team in this league. They did seem to moan a lot. Well done lads for all your efforts.

Congratulations go to the prediction winners: Marek Malarowski, Delboy, Mark Crawley, Richard Barnes, Colin Ridgway and once again The Cat`s Pyjamas.
Attachments
Hitchin.pdf
(214.72 KiB) Downloaded 108 times

Mr Refreshment
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Prediction - PETERBOROUGH

Post by Mr Refreshment »

Agreed. An excellent performance.
The team spirit and determination were admirable.
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

A thoroughly deserved point which could have been lost with the late Sports effort hitting the post.

However, we should have been given the opportunity to have gone ahead from the penalty spot - Pipeman's report says "the referee whimsically dismissed an optimistic penalty appeal from Hitchin.". Assuming we are thinking of the same incident, if wrapping your arms right round an opponent (Jones I think) and pulling him to the floor right in front of the ref is not worthy of a penalty then I despair :-x
Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Geoff »

RST wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:43 am A thoroughly deserved point which could have been lost with the late Sports effort hitting the post.

However, we should have been given the opportunity to have gone ahead from the penalty spot - Pipeman's report says "the referee whimsically dismissed an optimistic penalty appeal from Hitchin.". Assuming we are thinking of the same incident, if wrapping your arms right round an opponent (Jones I think) and pulling him to the floor right in front of the ref is not worthy of a penalty then I despair :-x
:iagree: :agreed:

Referees :banghead3: :banghead: :warning2:
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic