Relegation and PPG

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Relegation and PPG

Post by RST »

Hark, I bring news of great joy. Roy has today received official confirmation from the Southern League Secretary (as have all clubs) that it is the bottom two clubs relegated and the third bottom team with the worst PPG from the four Step 3 divisions.

Sorry Stew, as soon as they add anther couple of hours into each day I'll have time to update fully, maybe in real time, until then you'll get what you're given :mrgreen:

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Updated after games on Saturday 26th March based on scores on Flashscore - Southern League website still has Leiston 0-0 Coalville despite Coalville winning 3-0!

Fairly self-explanatory, bottom two teams in each division underlined and highlighted with an "R" and the third bottom team with the worst points per game underlined and highlighted with PPG.

Have included Bromsgrove as they are below Hitchin in the table albeit with a better PPG.

Wimborne 0.457 R
Merthyr 0.555 R
Grantham 0.729 R
East Thurrock 0.750 R
Leatherhead 0.756 R
Kings Langley 0.810 PPG
Dorchester 0.837
Witton Albion 0.857 R
Cray Wanderers 0.864
Lowestoft 0.878 R
Brightlingsea 0.916
Merstham 0.916
Biggleswade 0.939 R
Nuneaton 0.942
Hartley Wintney 1.000
Hitchin 1.028
Bromsgrove 1.030
CanaryHatter
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by CanaryHatter »

Thanks Rupe!! The Canaries are edging closer. Eight points from our final five will hopefully do the job. Huge point with ten men yesterday. :big_grin:
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Updated after games on Saturday 2nd April based on scores on Flashscore.co.uk

Fairly self-explanatory, bottom two teams in each division underlined and highlighted with an "R" and the third bottom team with the worst points per game underlined and highlighted with PPG.

Have included all teams in the Southern League Central below Hitchin in the table, as well as St Ives who are a point better off than the Canaries, but with a far inferior goal difference.

If my sums are correct, Hitchin require a maximum of 2 more points to ensure they finish with a PPG better than 3rd bottom Southern League Southern Kings Langley. We still need to keep out of the bottom two of course.

Wimborne 0.432 R
Merthyr 0.605 R
Grantham 0.710 R
Leatherhead 0.815 R
Kings Langley 0.815 PPG
Lowestoft 0.828 R
Witton Albion 0.837 R
Cray Wanderers 0.842 R
East Thurrock 0.868
Brightlingsea 0.868
Merstham 0.891
Dorchester 0.894
Biggleswade 0.941 R
Nuneaton 1.000
Barwell 1.027
Hitchin 1.083
Bromsgrove 1.085
St Ives 1.111
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Kings Langley lost today so with 31 points from 39 games, the best that they can manage is 40 points from 42 = 0.952
Hitchin have 39 points from 37, so the worst they can do is 39 from 40 = 0.975

On that basis, this thread is now redundant and Hitchin's survival purely depends on finishing outside the bottom 2.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

RST wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:10 pm Kings Langley lost today so with 31 points from 39 games, the best that they can manage is 40 points from 42 = 0.952
Hitchin have 39 points from 37, so the worst they can do is 39 from 40 = 0.975

On that basis, this thread is now redundant and Hitchin's survival purely depends on finishing outside the bottom 2.
And there is still work to be done on that front. For me the eternal pessimist we need at least 3 points from the last 9 available. And with injuries and suspensions kicking in we don't have too much in reserve.........
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
MarkC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MarkC »

Does anyone know what is happening with the abandoned Tamworth v Biggleswade game from December. The league table shows both teams as having played 36 games but the published fixtures don’t show that game. Are the League waiting to see if that game will make a material difference to relegation? If it does make a difference how competitive will Tamworth realistically be in a likely nothing game for them after everyone else’s season has finished? Does anyone know what the position is?
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

MarkC wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:05 pm Does anyone know what is happening with the abandoned Tamworth v Biggleswade game from December. The league table shows both teams as having played 36 games but the published fixtures don’t show that game. Are the League waiting to see if that game will make a material difference to relegation? If it does make a difference how competitive will Tamworth realistically be in a likely nothing game for them after everyone else’s season has finished? Does anyone know what the position is?
Nothing on the fixture list on the respective clubs' own websites either.

Seems ludicrous that the abandoned match was over four months ago (December 11th) and that no rearranged date has been announced.
Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Geoff »

To me it seems that the FA 'old far*s club' were hoping that the game would not be of consequence and could award a draw result.
Left to me, I would declare a draw and one point each awarded.
THEN, I would deduct one point from each club for not finishing a fixture. :warning2:
QED. :acclaim:
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
clanger61

Post by clanger61 »

After tonight's Biggleswade result, are we statisically safe? Could someone with a better grasp of these things please let me know? Many thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic