League Table

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

League Table

Post by Canadian »

Did anyone notice that the league table on our home page is wrong? It shows us having 30 points instead of 32.

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: League Table

Post by RST »

The table comes from Football Web Pages which has Saturday's result down as a 0-0 draw. I believe the Southern League website may have had it as 0-0 for a time too, but now corrected.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

Spot on Rupe.

I am on nightshifts at the moment and followed the game from home. I checked the Southern League Website soon after the game finished to see the other scores and found we had been listed as a 0-0 draw and the table on the Southern site had us below Bromsgrove.

The Southern has now updated the result and their league table.

Perhaps someone can correct me but is this the first time all season that we have been out of the bottom three?
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

Brian wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:47 am Perhaps someone can correct me but is this the first time all season that we have been out of the bottom three?
The League Progress part of the Football Webpages website isn't working so can't check Brian, but you may well be right.

What the stats say is that after taking only 7 points from our first 13 games, over the last 20 games for all teams, Hitchin are in 11th place with 25 points from those 20 games - W6, D7, L7, GF 30, GA 23.

Over the last 15 games we are 9th, last 10 we are 13th and last 5 we are 9th. This does go to show that after the awful start we have been very competitive.

However, that awful start is included in the league table so we are still in trouble and need to continue picking up the points, starting tomorrow evening :thumbsup:
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

I can throw some light on this. Paul (Sprague) who does the match app recorded everything that was necessary and when he had to click "Match Ended" on the Southern League Website, he was asked to confirm that the score was 2-0 so he did. It was only after that the he noticed that the system hadn't picked this up and so it gave the result as 0-0. He went back in and manually amended the score, but whatever the system decides to take, it automatically updates the League Table.

So we believe that there was a fault on the system (again) that meant that only one point was added to the table rather than three.
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic