Hitchin's Season in Stats

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hitchin's Season in Stats

Post by RST »

If you like a stat, as I do, it's quite interesting to see Hitchin's progression this season after the terrible start.

Using data from Flashscore.co.uk here's how the Canaries have done over the full season and the last 30, 25, 20, 15, 10 and 5 games:

Last 36 games - 39 points - 16th place -1.08 PPG
Last 30 games - 33 points - 13th place - 1.10 PPG
Last 25 games - 32 points - 10th place - 1.28 PPG
Last 20 games - 27 points - 8th place - 1.35 PPG
Last 15 games - 23 points - 7th place - 1.53 PPG
Last 10 games - 16 points - 6th place - 1.60 PPG
Last 05 games - 11 points - 3rd place - 2.20 PPG

Oldyeller
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Hitchin's Season in Stats

Post by Oldyeller »

Good work, shame the season has to finish, if not we would soon be top of the league!!
Canadian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Canadian »

I would not be surprised to see similar stats for many of our recent seasons. It begs the question to why the manager can only field a decent team at the end of the campaign.
russell
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by russell »

Really encouraging stats.. It was always going to be a unusual season after all the curtailed covid stuff.. instead of looking for faults I think we should be celebrating the fact we're on such good form now, and touch wood hope we can carry it into next season and be knocking on the door of the play offs. Burkey and everyone involved deserve a lot of credit for turning it around
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

With four games to go and everything still to play for, I'll hold my well done's for the players until safety is confirmed however the team spirit and togetherness has been there for all to see.

What I will say is in the last twenty years of being a regular at Top Field I can not remember such a welcoming and positive atmosphere around the ground as this season, even when things were going really well it still didn't feel as positive as this season. I don't know if it's the new Fishponds Road end or the ground improvements in general but a massive well done and thank you to everyone that works so hard to get the games on, from those running the club on a day to day basis to the ground staff, match day volunteers and those performing maintenance behind the scenes.
It's been a pleasure to come to games even when things have not been going well, to see lots of new faces, families with young children and hearing chants of 'yellows' when as Charlie put it so well some years ago, Hitchin supporters generally clapped politely to get behind the team.

Long may it continue.
Sky Blue Canary
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Sky Blue Canary »

Redditch & St Ives have got the worst records over the last three seasons but they're going to get away with it.

St Ives Town P 75 W 20 L 42 GD -79 PPG 0.9733
Redditch Utd P 77 W 16 L 44 GD -74 PPG 0.8442

Hitchin would be 14th with 1.1733 PPG
DarrenW
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by DarrenW »

Brian wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am With four games to go and everything still to play for, I'll hold my well done's for the players until safety is confirmed however the team spirit and togetherness has been there for all to see.

What I will say is in the last twenty years of being a regular at Top Field I can not remember such a welcoming and positive atmosphere around the ground as this season, even when things were going really well it still didn't feel as positive as this season. I don't know if it's the new Fishponds Road end or the ground improvements in general but a massive well done and thank you to everyone that works so hard to get the games on, from those running the club on a day to day basis to the ground staff, match day volunteers and those performing maintenance behind the scenes.
It's been a pleasure to come to games even when things have not been going well, to see lots of new faces, families with young children and hearing chants of 'yellows' when as Charlie put it so well some years ago, Hitchin supporters generally clapped politely to get behind the team.

Long may it continue.
You sound like one of the guys who was at Swindon Supermarine the night Jeff Hammond scored 3? Maybe 4 and thought we was safe at the end of March way we was playing? We still went down. Your point's very valid I feel Brian. Not there yet but we're the outsiders to go down now.

The work done by the few for the many during lockdown is commendable. Turning a negative into positives. The feel of the club and the numbers coming through the gate. It's all down to the hard work of a few people. Long may it continue.
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

DarrenW wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:00 pm
Brian wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:00 am With four games to go and everything still to play for, I'll hold my well done's for the players until safety is confirmed however the team spirit and togetherness has been there for all to see.

Long may it continue.
You sound like one of the guys who was at Swindon Supermarine the night Jeff Hammond scored 3? Maybe 4 and thought we was safe at the end of March way we was playing? We still went down. Your point's very valid I feel Brian. Not there yet but we're the outsiders to go down now.

The work done by the few for the many during lockdown is commendable. Turning a negative into positives. The feel of the club and the numbers coming through the gate. It's all down to the hard work of a few people. Long may it continue.
Darren, I'm turning into my dad.

He would be quoting the stats where it's all gone wrong.

I'm sure we will be fine but I'll wait until it's mathematically certain before I start getting too excited. :-) :-)
RST
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RST »

As it stands, Hitchin requires a maximum of 9 more points to guarantee finishing outside the bottom two places.

I will rest easy when that figure stands at 0 more points.
ClubAdmin

Post by ClubAdmin »

RST wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 11:38 am As it stands, Hitchin requires a maximum of 9 more points to guarantee finishing outside the bottom two places.

I will rest easy when that figure stands at 0 more points.
Rupe you're turning into me. Fulham aren't promoted yet either! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl1:
"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic