Hitchin v Banbury Interview with Phil Coles & Irvin Morgan

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Spooks
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Hitchin v Banbury Interview with Phil Coles & Irvin Morgan

Post by Spooks »

What a game!!! Hitchin you played absolutely brilliant, such a shame the goals didn’t go in but hold your heads up high you were the better team.
Absolutely brilliant well done to all the players ⚽️

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian Parker »

I rarely give bad luck as an excuse for a defeat, but today is an exception. With several experienced players unavailable we put out a very young side that ran their socks off, hit the woodwork hard on three occasions, had the ball scrambled off the line twice and brought the best out of Banbury's keeper on a number of occasions. All this before Banbury scored in the 78th minute and then to have an equaliser ruled out for offside when the keeper found himself ahead of our player as he put the ball into the net past the one defender on the line (there having to be two defenders between the 'scorer' and the goal, the keeper usually being one of them).

Really impressed by acadamy debutants Popoola and Allotey who displayed pace and determination throughout. A gutsy performance by everyone, let's hope for a change of luck on Monday,
Brian
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Brian »

As Phil said in the interview, he and dad went back a long way, and we did indeed meet up and have a chat.

Yesterday summed up most of our season. We were by the far the better team for most of the game but couldn't put the ball in the net.

Brian, I believe the offside was against Jake Hutchinson who came back from an offside position to contest a header before the ball was crossed for our player to score.

Dan and I were choosing Man of the Match yesterday. I think everyone had a good game. We were really impressed with Ciaran Jones, Stan Georgiou playing out of position at centre half and Kye Teale who again was out of his normal position at right back but stand out was Josh Coldicott-Stevens who didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic