Trolling.....what is it?

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

ClubAdmin

Trolling.....what is it?

Post by ClubAdmin »

Definition:

A troll is Internet slang for a person who intentionally tries to instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments in an online social community. Platforms targeted by trolls can include the comment sections of YouTube, forums, or chat rooms.

Trolls often use inflammatory messages to provoke emotional responses out of people, disrupting otherwise civil discussion. Trolling can occur anywhere that has an open area where people can freely post their thoughts and opinions.

Basically I personally am sick of some of the recent postings. It takes two (or more) to tango for sure, quite often trolling is a two-way thing - so before you post in future, consider whether you are making a polite disagreement or you are just trolling and have intentionally responded with the sole motive of trying to: "instigate conflict, hostility, or arguments".

I will be stepping down as a Forum moderator shortly but before then I will just delete anything which I judge to be trolling and bringing the Club into disrepute. Healthy, polite and civil disagreement and debate is another matter.

"We should laugh more". Kate Deller, April 2022.