Next season

Use this board to discuss all matters Hitchin Town FC.

Moderators: Nick Sopowski, ClubAdmin

Brian Parker
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next season

Post by Brian Parker »

Well we got away with it this time, by the skin of our teeth, but much is to be done if we are to avoid a similar nail biting repeat next season. On the plus side we have a young squad with many having the potential to develop further and mature into valued and experienced team members, if we can hold onto them.

Many are worried about the loss of Dan Webb, but I think that we have already shown that we have a defence that can cope, however our real problems are still likely to be up front, where Jacob Hutchinson is going to be very difficult to replace. Without him we almost certainly would have been relegated. The only part of the season when we seemed to carry a goal threat was when he and Callum Stead operated in tandem. On their own each often ploughed a lone furrow up front, so ideally we need a striker and co-striker to make that happen again. My concern is that we may not have the wherewithal to bring them in. So without a lucky trawl of the lower leagues and/or the equally lucky acquisition of a decent loanee I think we may well struggle again.

As usual money once more is likely to be the biggest problem. So maybe the most effort should be going into find a generous sponsor.

Geoff
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Next season

Post by Geoff »

Sounds as if Lewis Hamilton has money to spare :clap: :thud:
"Confusion will be my epitaph"
Steve
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Next season

Post by Steve »

I would hope to see us retain Jones for next season but would expect other clubs to come in for him although I hope I’m proved wrong🤞🤞
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic